Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    West Florida University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
    http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
    Updated. Was kinda hoping that I wouldn't have to do much with this year.

Comment

Updated. Was kinda hoping that I wouldn't have to do much with this year.
      So you forgot to add when Valdosta got it and lost it. Sheesh. What are ya... a Yooper?
      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

So you forgot to add when Valdosta got it and lost it. Sheesh. What are ya... a Yooper?
        It's before he tracks all the interim titles -- you read like a Bearcat! :)

Comment

• Thank You West Florida!!!! *happy dance!!!*

Comment

Thank You West Florida!!!! *happy dance!!!*
            Does your happy dance continue? West Florida still the Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Does your happy dance continue? West Florida still the Man
              I just didn't want to give it to Ferris State.

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Is the Gulf South thinking about playing any games in the spring this year?

Comment

Is the Gulf South thinking about playing any games in the spring this year?
                    Guess not.... Just going to be a weird year....

Comment

Guess not.... Just going to be a weird year....
                      Still in that weird year.

Comment

Is the Gulf South thinking about playing any games in the spring this year?
                        A few Gulf South teams are playing spring games, Shorter, West Alabama and I believe maybe Delta State, not sure about anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                          Is West Florida now The Man? If so congrats to them.
                          <>

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

It's before he tracks all the interim titles -- you read like a Bearcat! :)
                            I understand NW may add Reading to the curriculum as a part of the Turkey Insemination degree program...

Comment

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

A few Gulf South teams are playing spring games, Shorter, West Alabama and I believe maybe Delta State, not sure about anyone else.
                              But not games against other teams?

Comment

West Florida University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
                                http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
                                West Florida faces Southwest Baptist 09-11-21. Hopefully that start the year off with a good win over McNeese State on 09-04-21. Being that they're a D1-AA, they can't hold the belt, but we'll want West Florida to win just for bragging rights.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X