• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigmrg74
    replied
    Re: The Man.

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    But as Ric Flair said...To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man. Don't beat The Man, you can't say you're The Man!! No such thing as "The Men!"
    The first Man was crowned after winning the first D2 championship. I figure if you can go through at least 3 quality teams in a row with wins, then you at least deserve to hold a belt for a while, even if it's not the Official Original Man Belt. That, and it does make an unification game a little more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

The belts are tracked until there's a unification matchup. Odds favor both belts making the playoffs. Good teams tend to get them and to hang onto them.
    But as Ric Flair said...To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man. Don't beat The Man, you can't say you're The Man!! No such thing as "The Men!"

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

[QUOTE=boatcapt;2062125]
    Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at

In the words of the Highlander...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!! If no one has proven themselves to be worthy of being the one and only MAN, then shouldn't the belt be retired??
    The belts are tracked until there's a unification matchup. Odds favor both belts making the playoffs. Good teams tend to get them and to hang onto them.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
    There appears to be some fairly complete data from a capture in March 2016 at the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...team_index.php

Did not try to see how complete, but a couple of teams seem to have links working...
    Thanks!!! Might just be enough for what I need. I sure hope College Football Data Warehouse gets their act together and get back online with their information all backed up.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

[QUOTE=bigmrg74;2059544]which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at

In the words of the Highlander...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!! If no one has proven themselves to be worthy of being the one and only MAN, then shouldn't the belt be retired??

Leave a comment:

• RedFromMI
    replied

There appears to be some fairly complete data from a capture in March 2016 at the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20160306...team_index.php

Did not try to see how complete, but a couple of teams seem to have links working...

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    What? I used to go there for info but I haven't checked them in a long time. That is sad. :crying:
    I googled online looking for more information about it, but it looks like it went offline back sometime in April or so.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

I want to College Football Data Warehouse to check for those games but they've appeared to have gone belly up and are no longer on the internet. Damn shame as they had information on an ungodly amount of games that had to take several man years to all enter into their database.
    What? I used to go there for info but I haven't checked them in a long time. That is sad. :crying:

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Dang, I was going to work on another little detail thing here to the list. Was thinking about adding in every championship game to the list, as that there was quite a few of the Man's who went into that game already holding the belt and keeping it for next season. I want to College Football Data Warehouse to check for those games but they've appeared to have gone belly up and are no longer on the internet. Damn shame as they had information on an ungodly amount of games that had to take several man years to all enter into their database.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
    and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.
    which would mean having to track 2 belts, I hate having to track two belts!! :at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied

and given how well .500 SOS works, if northwest loses it to someone before the playoffs it could stay through the off-season because of that team not making the playoffs.
    2017 sees the Bearcats playing Central, Pitt and MoWest all on the road. Hmmm?

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Remember to lift those sandbags with your legs, not your back. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Shocker
    replied

Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Thursday, August 31st., 2017, Emporia State University gets their chance at the crown and I don't believe that the Man will have a chance to leave the MIAA until the playoffs. There's just something wrong with that.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied

No, that was Coach Iba, who was at Northwest before he became famous at Okie State.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X