Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Now, Edinboro heavyweight wrestler Billy Miller has announced he is transferring to Virginia Tech. I wanted to reply to the post that claimed Miller would never transfer but I don't see it anywhere. Russell, Geer, Miller. What can you say?
    I was told not one of them bothered to meet with the new head coach to see if it was worth sticking around. He's well qualified and a former All American for Edinboro. No reason to discount the guy unless they were only there for Flynn or are being fed false information.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      I was told not one of them bothered to meet with the new head coach to see if it was worth sticking around. He's well qualified and a former All American for Edinboro. No reason to discount the guy unless they were only there for Flynn or are being fed false information.
      Also today Korbin Myers transferring to VT. It's disastrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        When they announced the new HC that was a signal that the emphasis on the program had changed. No doubt he's qualified but to stay on the same level you'd want to hire a higher profile guy. My take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          When they announced the new HC that was a signal that the emphasis on the program had changed. No doubt he's qualified but to stay on the same level you'd want to hire a higher profile guy. My take on it.
          I don't think the money is there to pay a splash hire. Anyone remotely familiar with Edinboro wrestling should know money is tight. Enrollment is down 30% for crying out loud and wrestling isn't something that's worthy of paying $25,000 extra for PR sake.

Comment

Based on the turmoil up there could Cleary be a candidate for the now-open Cal men's basketball job?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Based on the turmoil up there could Cleary be a candidate for the now-open Cal men's basketball job?
              He's the person I'd say is least likely to go anywhere. He doesn't have it easy but seems to love it up there. Plus his wife is the track head coach.

Comment

Bruce said the vulcers would start circling and they did! John Smith made contact with Dakota Geers far before any release was given. NCAA Violation! The kids got scared and Boro didn't move fast enough to get a replacement in time to shut down the questions. Boro finally names a coach -and Hill can keep it going -but now he has to start further behind because so many of the guys have left. Still may see another starter go. Fred Walker and the Title IX timing contributes to a perfect storm.

Comment

Did you all see the settlement in the Erie paper today?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X