Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Way too early 2018 D2 Football Poll

I think Southern Arkansas could be in place of Arkansas Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by outsidezone69 View Post
      That Pueblo team last year was not very good. The RMAC in general was bad.
      I don't think CSU Pueblo as a team was terrible. I think they have struggled since they lost their OC just after they won the national championship. It's been a struggle to find a competent OC and it's been really unfortunate because CSU Pueblo has great athletes on the offensive side of the ball. They have new leadership at OC and they will also have Bernard McDondle back who was lost for the season after the 2nd or 3rd game. Nonetheless, they put up a really good defensive battle against Mankato in the playoffs last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
        The WT A&M Buffs have the extreme privilege of travelling up to Ellensburg WA to play the Central Washington Wildcats on Sep 29th.
        *EXTREME* privilege.

Comment

'What', the SAC is totally MIA in this early poll? First time in years!

Unfortunately, we've got Carson Newman traveling down to take on West Florida to kick off the season, and realistically, I don't see that game in helping at all with breaking into the top 25 poll, but you never know ;)

Comment

1. GVSU.

2. It Doesn't Matter University.

3. It Doesn't Matter College.

4. Only got here because they're in the NE Region.

5. Disappointed their Fans

6. Disappointed their Alumni

7. Fire the Coach!!

8. We need a better OC!!

9. Overachieved all year.

10. Punched above their weight all year.

Comment

For the record, it's spelled Shepherd. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                I didn't take the time to go through every teams roster. Just some casual observations and from watching the playoffs last year and lurking on the board. I also did this by how I think teams will fare in the playoffs if the playoffs weren't done by region. Sorry region 1, history has shown us that you typically fall flat in the semifinals with Sheperd being the only exception that comes to mind in the recent pass. Apologies Bloomsburg. 17 years ago doesn't count. Same to you CIAA.

1. West Florida
                2. Harding
                3. Central Washington
                4. Texas A&M Commerce
                5. Minnesota State
                6. West Alabama
                7. Ferris State
                8. Fort Hays State
                9. Minnesota Duluth
                10. Central Missouri
                11. Indianapolis
                12. Grand Valley
                13. Ashland
                14. IUP
                15. Tuskegee
                16. West Georgia
                17. Pittsburg State
                18. Midwestern State
                19. Sheperd
                20. Assumption
                21. Northwest Missouri State
                22. Winona State
                23. Virginia State
                24. Arkansas Tech
                25. Ouachita Baptist
                You may check out Southern Arkansas. They have a good QB this year, and one of the best offenses in the GAC. I don't see Arkansas Tech being in the Top 25, maybe Ouachita.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                  They faced Ashland in Week 1 of the regular season and beat them. Ashland made the playoffs and this guy had them ranked ahead of IUP.

I'm certain if IUP faced some sad sack team from New Mexico the game would be over by halftime and IUP would have the fourth string in by the second half.
                  I would like to see them start the 3rd string against NM Highlands. You could leave the 1st and 2nd string out to rest and avoid the cheap shots from Highlands. You could even suit up your waterboy!

Comment

So just to make sure you are upset because I have a team you beat ranked 13th and you are ranked 14th? In that case I will rank Clark Atlanta 13th, Ashland 14th and IUP 15th. IUP lost to West Florida who lost to Valdosta State who lost to Albany State who lost to Clark Atlanta who finished last year 4-6. Although one of those losses was to FCS Grambling who is absolutely awful. I'm sure if you want to do your homework you can find where IUP beat someone who beat the national champs. I'll give you a hint, start at Midwestern State.

Year in and year out the GLIAC and the other conferences and regions not in region 1 have proven themselves superior to the PSAC and region 1. Don't get mad most of it has to do with schollies. But facts are facts. Sorry IUP played 10 bad minutes of football. Goliath took his eyes off David for a minute, Loyola - Chicago has Sister Jean, the unexpected happens. But you are holding on to one half of "winning" football vs the national runner up and there are 17 years of proven data points showing that on the exception of Sheperd no one has come out of region 1.

All the following occurred in the semifinals unless otherwise noted:

2001 Grand Valley beats Bloomsburg in the semifinals
                    2002 Grand Valley beats IUP 62-21 scoring on their first 8 possessions. Maybe you guys should concentrate on playing in the first half?
                    2003 Grand Valley beats Bentley in the opening round who was the only team from the region I could find at a quick glance
                    2004 Valdosta beats West Chester 45-21 On the bright side at least it wasn't Grand Valley
                    2005 Grand Valley beats East Stroudsburg 55-20
                    2006 NW beats Bloomsburg 33-3
                    2007 Valdosta State beats Cal 28-24 The region rejoices knowing they are about to turn the corner and be competitive on the national stage
                    2008 MN-Duluth beats Cal 45-7 well. hell.....
                    2009 Northwest beats Cal 56-31 In all honesty great 3 year run by Cal
                    2010 Delta State beats Sheperd 29-17
                    2011 WSSU beast New Haven in the Quarters
                    2012 WSSU beats IUP 21-17 in the Quarters
                    2013 Lenior-Rhyne beats West Chester 42-14
                    2014 Concord beats Bloomsburg in the Quarters Concord??!!? Really? from the MEC?!?! dannng now thats embarrassing 32-26. Concord then loses 47-13 in next round
                    2015 Sheperd beats GV 34-32 and finally a breakthrough for the region
                    2016 Noth Alabama beats Sheperd 23-13
                    2017 West Florida beats IUP 27-17 fortunately for West Florida, IUP decided to play like it was 2002 and didn't play in the first half.

You call it bull**** i call it data, turned into stats, turned into information turned into irrefutable evidence.
                    I'm all for keeping region 1 down, but your data does show the beginnings of a trend the last few years. Those scores are more competitive than in the past. It may be nothing, but also could indicate that at least a couple of schools up there have cranked out some competitive teams lately.

Comment

So just to make sure you are upset because I have a team you beat ranked 13th and you are ranked 14th? In that case I will rank Clark Atlanta 13th, Ashland 14th and IUP 15th. IUP lost to West Florida who lost to Valdosta State who lost to Albany State who lost to Clark Atlanta who finished last year 4-6. Although one of those losses was to FCS Grambling who is absolutely awful. I'm sure if you want to do your homework you can find where IUP beat someone who beat the national champs. I'll give you a hint, start at Midwestern State.

Year in and year out the GLIAC and the other conferences and regions not in region 1 have proven themselves superior to the PSAC and region 1. Don't get mad most of it has to do with schollies. But facts are facts. Sorry IUP played 10 bad minutes of football. Goliath took his eyes off David for a minute, Loyola - Chicago has Sister Jean, the unexpected happens. But you are holding on to one half of "winning" football vs the national runner up and there are 17 years of proven data points showing that on the exception of Sheperd no one has come out of region 1.

All the following occurred in the semifinals unless otherwise noted:

2001 Grand Valley beats Bloomsburg in the semifinals
                      2002 Grand Valley beats IUP 62-21 scoring on their first 8 possessions. Maybe you guys should concentrate on playing in the first half?
                      2003 Grand Valley beats Bentley in the opening round who was the only team from the region I could find at a quick glance
                      2004 Valdosta beats West Chester 45-21 On the bright side at least it wasn't Grand Valley
                      2005 Grand Valley beats East Stroudsburg 55-20
                      2006 NW beats Bloomsburg 33-3
                      2007 Valdosta State beats Cal 28-24 The region rejoices knowing they are about to turn the corner and be competitive on the national stage
                      2008 MN-Duluth beats Cal 45-7 well. hell.....
                      2009 Northwest beats Cal 56-31 In all honesty great 3 year run by Cal
                      2010 Delta State beats Sheperd 29-17
                      2011 WSSU beast New Haven in the Quarters
                      2012 WSSU beats IUP 21-17 in the Quarters
                      2013 Lenior-Rhyne beats West Chester 42-14
                      2014 Concord beats Bloomsburg in the Quarters Concord??!!? Really? from the MEC?!?! dannng now thats embarrassing 32-26. Concord then loses 47-13 in next round
                      2015 Sheperd beats GV 34-32 and finally a breakthrough for the region
                      2016 Noth Alabama beats Sheperd 23-13
                      2017 West Florida beats IUP 27-17 fortunately for West Florida, IUP decided to play like it was 2002 and didn't play in the first half.

You call it bull**** i call it data, turned into stats, turned into information turned into irrefutable evidence.

Its bull**** but what else can you expect someone with an MIAA bias,

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                        The WT A&M Buffs have the extreme privilege of travelling up to Ellensburg WA to play the Central Washington Wildcats on Sep 29th.
                        I know this is old, but with the game against HSU moved to Yakima it will be the first game at the renovated stadium. Lights! It will have lights!

Comment

Here is the breakdown by conference in NC games over the last 10 years:

MIAA 5-1
                          NSIC 2-1
                          RMAC 1-0
                          LSC 1-0
                          GSC 1-3
                          GLIAC 0-2
                          MEC 0-1
                          CIAA 0-1
                          SAC 0-1
                          GMAC 0-0
                          GAC 0-0
                          GLVC 0-0
                          GNAC 0-0
                          NE10 0-0
                          SIAC 0-0
                          PSAC 0-0

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                            Here is the breakdown by conference in NC games over the last 10 years:

MIAA 5-1
                            NSIC 2-1
                            RMAC 1-0
                            LSC 1-0
                            GSC 1-3
                            GLIAC 0-2
                            MEC 0-1
                            CIAA 0-1
                            SAC 0-1
                            GMAC 0-0
                            GAC 0-0
                            GLVC 0-0
                            GNAC 0-0
                            NE10 0-0
                            SIAC 0-0
                            PSAC 0-0
                            Interesting, thanks Captain!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              Its bull**** but what else can you expect someone with an MIAA bias,
                              lol when you have nothing else to say or don't agree with something you just yell out BS!!! as loud as you can and ignore stats and history and accuracy and what was actually said or written. I bet you're fun at parties.

Yes, such incredible bias. So the conference that as BoatCapt pointed out has gone 5-1 in NC games in the last 10 years and I have them ranked 1-12 in my way to early top 25 poll right? ohhhh nope i don't. In fact the first one I have is #8. Another ranked 10th then IUP at 14 then my own team at 16.

Explain to me how that is MIAA bias or even remotely shows MIAA bias?

Comment

lol when you have nothing else to say or don't agree with something you just yell out BS!!! as loud as you can and ignore stats and history and accuracy and what was actually said or written. I bet you're fun at parties.

Yes, such incredible bias. So the conference that as BoatCapt pointed out has gone 5-1 in NC games in the last 10 years and I have them ranked 1-12 in my way to early top 25 poll right? ohhhh nope i don't. In fact the first one I have is #8. Another ranked 10th then IUP at 14 then my own team at 16.

Explain to me how that is MIAA bias or even remotely shows MIAA bias?
                                Again over the last 10 years, individual teams from each conference that have participated in NC games:

MIAA 5-1 NW Missouri (4-1), Pitt (1-0)
                                NSIC 2-1 Minn-Duluth (2-0), Minn St-Mankato (0-1)
                                RMAC 1-0 CSU-Pueblo (1-0)
                                LSC 1-0 Tx A&M Commerce (1-0)
                                GSC 1-3 Valdosta (1-0), West Fl (0-1), Delta St (0-1), N Alabama (0-1)
                                GLIAC 0-2 Grand Valley (0-1), Wayne St (0-1)
                                MEC 0-1 Shepherd (0-1)
                                CIAA 0-1 Winston Salem (0-1)
                                SAC 0-1 Lenoir-Rhyne (0-1)
                                GMAC 0-0
                                GAC 0-0
                                GLVC 0-0
                                GNAC 0-0
                                NE10 0-0
                                SIAC 0-0
                                PSAC 0-0

A conference with a truly great team doesn't mean every team in that conference is great...but there are some here that WILL make that assumption. Usually the same people that make THAT assumption will make the opposite assumption as well...Every team in a conference that hasn't won a NC must be poorer than teams from the so called "power conferences."

I would say that unless you happen to be a fan of NW Missouri or Minn Duluth, any fans claims that their program is GREAT are suspect.
                                Last edited by boatcapt; 06-26-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X