Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early 2018 D2 Football Poll

I didn't take the time to go through every teams roster. Just some casual observations and from watching the playoffs last year and lurking on the board. I also did this by how I think teams will fare in the playoffs if the playoffs weren't done by region. Sorry region 1, history has shown us that you typically fall flat in the semifinals with Sheperd being the only exception that comes to mind in the recent pass. Apologies Bloomsburg. 17 years ago doesn't count. Same to you CIAA.

1. West Florida
    2. Harding
    3. Central Washington
    4. Texas A&M Commerce
    5. Minnesota State
    6. West Alabama
    7. Ferris State
    8. Fort Hays State
    9. Minnesota Duluth
    10. Central Missouri
    11. Indianapolis
    12. Grand Valley
    13. Ashland
    14. IUP
    15. Tuskegee
    16. West Georgia
    17. Pittsburg State
    18. Midwestern State
    19. Sheperd
    20. Assumption
    21. Northwest Missouri State
    22. Winona State
    23. Virginia State
    24. Arkansas Tech
    25. Ouachita Baptist

Re: Way too early 2018 D2 Football Poll

Interesting list with us at #4. We beat #1, #2, #3 and #5 in consecutive weeks this season. I have no idea who is losing what this season, but in terms of difficulty and watching all 4 of those games, this past season I'd put them at:

Central Washington
    Minnesota St
    Harding
    West Florida

Just my opinion of course, but I honestly thought West Florida was the lowest in terms of difficulty of those teams mentioned. But they seem to be the Cinderella team of this offseason so far.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      Interesting list with us at #4. We beat #1, #2, #3 and #5 in consecutive weeks this season. I have no idea who is losing what this season, but in terms of difficulty and watching all 4 of those games, this past season I'd put them at:

Central Washington
      Minnesota St
      Harding
      West Florida

Just my opinion of course, but I honestly thought West Florida was the lowest in terms of difficulty of those teams mentioned. But they seem to be the Cinderella team of this offseason so far.
      Your opinion doesn't count!! :smile-big:

Fair enough points. My thinking was this.
      West Florida made it that far with a very young team, they got a taste of what it takes and will come back hungry and focused.

Harding returns 17/22 starters or something crazy like that and is the first GAC team to have any success in the playoffs they can build off of that.

I don't follow Central Washington all that close but I know they are a solid team full of athletes that returns a good amount of players. I could easily move them up based on someone like you who has seen them play.

As for you guys you have to replace one of your all time great QB's and honestly one of the best I have seen in D2 for a while. In addition no matter what Northwest Missouri tells you it is VERY hard to repeat.

Minnesota State had a tough draw and was a team that got better as the year went on. I think they will be on of the top teams next year.

Comment

Prediction: Alderson-Broaddus will finish the 2018 football season with a winning record. That'll be a big improvement considering they only won 3 games in 2017. Go Battlers!

Comment

I think Bowie State is probably more worthy of top 25 consideration above VSU. JMO

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
              I didn't take the time to go through every teams roster. Just some casual observations and from watching the playoffs last year and lurking on the board. I also did this by how I think teams will fare in the playoffs if the playoffs weren't done by region. Sorry region 1, history has shown us that you typically fall flat in the semifinals with Sheperd being the only exception that comes to mind in the recent pass. Apologies Bloomsburg. 17 years ago doesn't count. Same to you CIAA.

1. West Florida
              2. Harding
              3. Central Washington
              4. Texas A&M Commerce
              5. Minnesota State
              6. West Alabama
              7. Ferris State
              8. Fort Hays State
              9. Minnesota Duluth
              10. Central Missouri
              11. Indianapolis
              12. Grand Valley
              13. Ashland
              14. IUP
              15. Tuskegee
              16. West Georgia
              17. Pittsburg State
              18. Midwestern State
              19. Sheperd
              20. Assumption
              21. Northwest Missouri State
              22. Winona State
              23. Virginia State
              24. Arkansas Tech
              25. Ouachita Baptist
              It's comical how you folks on the other side of the country think. This past season CSU Pueblo lost to Minnesota State in the first round at Mankato in overtime and CSU Pueblo returns completely stacked with talent and they aren't even listed in the top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                It's comical how you folks on the other side of the country think. This past season CSU Pueblo lost to Minnesota State in the first round at Mankato in overtime and CSU Pueblo returns completely stacked with talent and they aren't even listed in the top 25.
                "Other side of the country"?

You do realize WallSt's favorite team resides in a state that borders Colorado? ;)

Comment

I've got a sleeper for you in Missouri S&T. I believe they are a top 25 team. They return almost everyone from a potent offense. Also heard of rumors of a couple new faces who could be difference makers.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Central Washington
                    Minnesota St
                    Harding
                    West Florida

I don't think either TAMUC or UWF will finish in the Top 10 but definitely should be listed that way in a pre-season poll.

We'll see what the Lions can do without Perez and we'll see if the Argos can make it through the GSC with the huge target painted on their backs now.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

The infamous East Coast bias rant. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                        The infamous East Coast bias rant. LOL
                        But he does have a point, their defense nearly single handedly won the game for them, and they return nearly the whole unit.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Really does not matter how you are ranked at the beginning of the year. It is how you finish. I am sure the T- Wolves will be in the D2 Playoffs next November. It is almost automatic for CSU-P each year.

Comment

That Pueblo team last year was not very good. The RMAC in general was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

1. West Florida
                              2. Harding
                              3. Central Washington
                              4. Texas A&M Commerce
                              5. Minnesota State
                              6. West Alabama
                              7. Ferris State
                              8. Fort Hays State
                              9. Minnesota Duluth
                              10. Central Missouri
                              11. Indianapolis
                              12. Grand Valley