Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

As some of you might know the lovely Mrs Champgymusa is fighting for her life from a very rare and deadly bone marrow cancer...the only treatment to buy her any time is stem cell / bone marrow transplant. We are lucky in that Cathy was able to donate her own cells and have them treated and then replaced. Not all are that lucky. Last year the GVSU football was swabbed as a team for being donors. Two people matched and both have donated the life saving cells to save two people. Now my thinking is this...what if EVERY team did this..can you even imagine how much good could come of this. If you have any influence at all with your team suggest this to them.

I know there are a ton of causes out there...I get that...but when you see someones life being saved with a bag on an IV pole full of cells that came from a donor, it will forever change your life. I thank you in advance for your efforts.

Anchor up! Go Lakers, Go Any team that will help us to save lives.

Champgymusa

Comment

Re: Help please

I am also registered. I donated 5 years ago.

Comment

We ran a drive on the institution I work for... one of my student workers ended up matching and donating. Student said it was a very positive experience. I'm registered, but haven't matched. I also encourage folks to host a drive/register.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
          Go Laker,
          Thank you! :laugh:Yes, I registered for bone marrow many years ago along with most of the coaches and teachers at our school. The year before I got there a student went through this and was lucky to have a match in her brother. She is still alive today.

I'm also an organ donor- that shows on my Minnesota driver's license. And I am scheduled to donate blood today in Buffalo Lake at 1 PM. This will be #61 according to their records- I lost track a long time ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X