More fun than the NFL, didn't watch any NFL last season

I think I'm done with them.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Re: CFL v. NFL

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Watching some CFL football tonight

I enjoy watching the CFL. Especially when D2 players are doing well.

Comment

As much of a jerk as he's been, I was surprised to see JOHNNY MANZIEL playing for the TIGER CATS. It seems to say that he's serious about getting back to the NFL. Always surprised that TIM TEBOW was too proud to take his game up north. His style of play would have fit in nicely in the CFL.

Comment

:good:

:good:
        Done with the overpriced millionaires
        didn't watch one game last yr
        not even super bowl
        UNT mean green team I now follow

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          As much of a jerk as he's been, I was surprised to see JOHNNY MANZIEL playing for the TIGER CATS. It seems to say that he's serious about getting back to the NFL. Always surprised that TIM TEBOW was too proud to take his game up north. His style of play would have fit in nicely in the CFL.
          You have to be able to throw in the CFL and he can't. He would've been totally exposed playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
            You have to be able to throw in the CFL and he can't. He would've been totally exposed playing there.
            The 4 most famous qbs to get their start in the CFL did not have particularly high ratings. WARREN MOON (79.7), JOE THEISMAN (77.4), DOUG FLUTIE (76.3) and JOE KAPP (55.1) all had productive NFL careers after their time up north. TT would have been much more successful there than hitting .235 for the BINGHAMTON RUMBLE PONIES (????) of the Eastern League. Pride goeth before...James 4:6.

Comment

Warren Moons arm was never in doubt. Nobody wanted black QBs in his time. Doug Flutie had an arm but everyone thought he was too short to see over the linemen, and he was. His success came from rolling out of the pocket. NFL teams did everything they could to replace him with a taller QB every chance they got.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                Warren Moons arm was never in doubt. Nobody wanted black QBs in his time. Doug Flutie had an arm but everyone thought he was too short to see over the linemen, and he was. His success came from rolling out of the pocket. NFL teams did everything they could to replace him with a taller QB every chance they got.
                Quite true, but the point is they didn't stand on the sidelines holding a clipboard waiting for a chance that would never come. They went where they could show their stuff in a live setting that is watched by NFL scouts. Both of the men you mentioned did have to deal with preconceived notions of what a QB should look like, but both fought through it to become NFL players instead of falling back on some second option. I just don't get TT mindset.
                Last edited by CALUPA69; 06-17-2018, 11:45 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Anyone know how many D2 players are playing in the CFL? Or, which CFL teams has the most D2 players?

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                    Anyone know how many D2 players are playing in the CFL? Or, which CFL teams has the most D2 players?
                    See for yourself @ http://www.cfl.ca/players/

Comment

You didn't watch any NFL !?!?! Do you work all day Sundays Mondays and Thursdays

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        The 4 most famous qbs to get their start in the CFL did not have particularly high ratings. WARREN MOON (79.7), JOE THEISMAN (77.4), DOUG FLUTIE (76.3) and JOE KAPP (55.1) all had productive NFL careers after their time up north. TT would have been much more successful there than hitting .235 for the BINGHAMTON RUMBLE PONIES (????) of the Eastern League. Pride goeth before...James 4:6.
                        Seems to me you are judging his actions without really knowing the reason why? In an interview I watched with him and when he was asked why he went to baseball he said that baseball was his "first" love not football and he wanted to try and see if he could make it there. He didn't want any regrets as he got older and age catches up with him. He didn't want to look back and think, "wonder if I could have". Had nothing to do with pride or thinking he was too good for the CFL.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
                          Grey Cup MVP a couple years ago is a CWU grad in Mike Reilly. He was also the 2014 and 2017 All Star for the West and 2017 All Star for the CFL. It was strange two weeks ago seeing him face off against Bighill, his team mate at CWU and with the BC Lions. The last two seasons he's thrown for over 5,000 yards in both, so I'm a bit surprised the NFL hasn't re-looked at him.

Comment

CFL officials are talking to people in the Maritime provinces on the addition of a 10th team to the league. Halifax makes the most sense to me.

Comment

Brandon Zylstra from last year's Edmonton roster graduated from D3 Concordia-Moorhead, but he got his start at D2 Augustana. This year, he's at Minnesota Vikings training camp with a decent shot at making the team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X