Comment

Re: Humboldt State will discontinue after 2018 season

Barf.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Would have loved to catch a game at the Redwood Bowl someday.

Comment

What's Azusa Pacific's status now? Aren't APU and Humbolt the only D-2 football programs in California? I can't imagine them staying on much longer considering how far away they are from the other GNAC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by da_miner View Post
                What's Azusa Pacific's status now? Aren't APU and Humbolt the only D-2 football programs in California? I can't imagine them staying on much longer considering how far away they are from the other GNAC teams.
                We were an NAIA independent in football for our entire 40+ year stay there. We'll figure something out.

Comment

I opened my refrigerator and my chocolate milk wasn't happy after hearing this.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
                    We were an NAIA independent in football for our entire 40+ year stay there. We'll figure something out.
                    Heck you might benefit from some of the players who will leave the Humboldt program.

Comment

This sucks. Another conference member gone. Another West coast football team gone.

The Redwood bowl was a beautiful place. Watched a couple of games in the late 80s and early 90s there (brother and brother in-law played for APU).

When the Jacks come to APU this Fall, I will wear my flannel (with ZU shirt underneath) and cheer as they enter the stadium [then hope that APU crushes them - gotta stay loyal ;) ]

Comment

The GNAC commish has been praised on this board. Will he be aggressive in meeting with potential future GNAC football-playing members? Your best bets are easy to find: SOU, EOU, College of Idaho, and Carroll College. The latter two are fully funded (24 scholarships) in the NAIA and have excellent facilities. EOU is in the sticks and might not be able to pull it off, but even they are building/fixing up some new facilities. SOU has been winning a lot of late (an NAIA title recently) and are on a freeway and in a nice location. Certainly for SOU and EOU I would think freeway trips to SoCal, Canada, Monmouth, and Ellensburg, are easier than one-way 18-hour, two-lane highway trips to Montana.

I'm guessing, but not sure, the annual volleyball, men's and women's hoop trips to Alaska, might be something they consider financially.

Comment

So I heard some rumblings on Reddit about a couple D-III teams in CA maybe making the jump, but I think that's all theoretical. Anyone know if there are any potential schools that could do that?

Comment

Originally posted by da_miner View Post
                            So I heard some rumblings on Reddit about a couple D-III teams in CA maybe making the jump, but I think that's all theoretical. Anyone know if there are any potential schools that could do that?
                            They would have to be private schools.

I think of Redlands, Cal Lutheran, Occidental.

The list:

https://www.fieldlevel.com/explore-t...ball/ca/ncaad3
                            Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 07-18-2018, 11:44 AM. Reason: Menlo ist tot

Comment

This is sad news!!! I was hoping that GVSU could get a home and home with them. I hope all the young men get a chance to play at another school and finish their dreams...college age is about following your dreams..best of luck to all involved.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X