Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: URBAN MEYER on leave....

Here is a link that explains Title 9 and the Clery Act. Under the "geography" section it mandates reporting events that occur off campus.

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/page/file/910306/download

Edit: "incidents that occur off campus." "Events" was a misleading term for me to use there. This is also made crystal clear in training.
    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 08-02-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

http://614now.com/2018/leisure/sport...reakfast-coach

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        Here is a link that explains Title 9 and the Clery Act. Under the "geography" section it mandates reporting events that occur off campus.

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/page/file/910306/download

Edit: "incidents that occur off campus." "Events" was a misleading term for me to use there. This is also made crystal clear in training.
        Yeah, I had previously read that. I don't see where either applies here. This is strictly a personal matter between a husband and wife and no connection to a U property or event, on or off campus.

Comment

URBAN MEYER is the new Bobby Petrino of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
            Yeah, I had previously read that. I don't see where either applies here. This is strictly a personal matter between a husband and wife and no connection to a U property or event, on or off campus.
            That is a good question...If I am a student and I go to my off campus apartment and hit my non-student (or college employee) girl friend, have I violated Title IX? Sure, I've violated the LAW, but have I violated Title IX??? If the answer is yes, how far does that extend? If I go home over the summer and engage in some act that would be a violation of Title IX on campus, is it still a reportable violation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
              URBAN MEYER is the new Bobby Petrino of college football.
              Or the Pete Carol?

Comment

I think the bigger issue is that he lied about it. There's no way his wife knew as much as she did and for as long as she did, allegedly told the people she did, and he didn't know anything about it. I guess it goes back to if he lied to any of his superiors at Ohio State or Florida about it. That's probably the most egregious offense.

I work with Title IX enforcement and I can't say this is a Title IX violation. I think its an ethical practice issue and without diving into OSU HR policy I'd say if you know that your supervisee is breaking that law you kinda sorta have an ethical and moral obligation to say something to somebody. That's the great thing about Title IX changes - they made a position or office to receive all concerns. Just send your concern to that office and they're obligated to take care of it. At least Paterno did that much.

Comment

Less than a month until football season and look what's dominating the D2 message board. :doh:

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                    Less than a month until football season and look what's dominating the D2 message board. :doh:
                    I can only beat to death the fact that Findlay opted to keep that damn crown in their field even with fieldturf so much. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      I can only beat to death the fact that Findlay opted to keep that damn crown in their field even with fieldturf so much. :wink:
                      LOL, I think Urban Meyer told us to keep the crown. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        I think the bigger issue is that he lied about it. There's no way his wife knew as much as she did and for as long as she did, allegedly told the people she did, and he didn't know anything about it. I guess it goes back to if he lied to any of his superiors at Ohio State or Florida about it. That's probably the most egregious offense.

I work with Title IX enforcement and I can't say this is a Title IX violation. I think its an ethical practice issue and without diving into OSU HR policy I'd say if you know that your supervisee is breaking that law you kinda sorta have an ethical and moral obligation to say something to somebody. That's the great thing about Title IX changes - they made a position or office to receive all concerns. Just send your concern to that office and they're obligated to take care of it. At least Paterno did that much.
                        The Lie!! Seems like lying always gets people in trouble...and often MORE trouble than telling the truth and dealing with the issue when it happened. I've seen people destroy their careers to the point were they can never get hired in their particular line of work for doing nothing more than lying about a thing that would have resulted in a MINOR fine or at most a couple of day suspension.

Who knows if Meyer weathers this. He is an insanely winning coach and guys like that often seem to be made of Teflon. Wouldn't surprise me if his "punishment" is a two game suspension with his game salary for those games donated to some sort of victim's advocacy group. But he could have avoided this whole situation by just doing what he knew was right...report the crime and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          The Lie!! Seems like lying always gets people in trouble...and often MORE trouble than telling the truth and dealing with the issue when it happened. I've seen people destroy their careers to the point were they can never get hired in their particular line of work for doing nothing more than lying about a thing that would have resulted in a MINOR fine or at most a couple of day suspension.

Who knows if Meyer weathers this. He is an insanely winning coach and guys like that often seem to be made of Teflon. Wouldn't surprise me if his "punishment" is a two game suspension with his game salary for those games donated to some sort of victim's advocacy group. But he could have avoided this whole situation by just doing what he knew was right...report the crime and move on.
                          His perceived violation isn't as bad but the precedent is already there with Baylor and Penn State. If he's not canned they better have a damn good reason.

Comment

Bobby Petrino, Pete Carol, Rick Pitino, Jimbo Fisher, etc, 'hear and see nothing'. Makes me wonder if UNC has people leading their coaches around with blindfolds and earplugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                              Bobby Petrino, Pete Carol, Rick Pitino, Jimbo Fisher, etc, 'hear and see nothing'. Makes me wonder if UNC has people leading their coaches around with blindfolds and earplugs.
                              It is hard to believe that ANY of those named- who are so dictatorial in their control of their programs- don't now major issues that are going on. There were all sorts of things going on at the University of Minnesota when Lou Holtz was there- of course, they didn't come to light until AFTER he had left.

Comment

The part I don't clearly get yet is why 'if' Urban knew ... why would he risk so much to protect an assistant coach (when most are a dime a dozen and people would kill to get on staff with him at OSU)?

You can 'assume' his wife told him ... assuming they actually speak to each other. Certainly not uncommon for marriages to basically be for appearances and the children.

A reason OSU may not can him? They probably don't want to play against him when he takes his next job ... which surely wouldn't be far behind. And, of course, that minor reason that he wins and wins big. High-profile coaches have survived much worse.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X