Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFCA Preseason Division II Top 25 (8/13)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AFCA Preseason Division II Top 25 (8/13)

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    preach it brother!

I dont even know why they let in any team from Region 1, the lsc, rmac, gac, glvc, or the gnac.

GLIAC champ should get an auto bid to the championship game. Everyone else should go through the pos.

even better the top 8 Gliac teams vs the top 4 miaa teams, and 4 at larges, not from region 1, lsc, rmac, gnac, glvc, or gac( all garbage conferences that would be owned by the lowest GLIAC team.) This will allow for the distant possibility that there MIGHT be a team from another conference that MIGHT be able to get lucky enough to beat one of the lower teams in the GLIAC.

If by some miracle a non GLIAC team wins it all we would know they are legit cause they would have to played several legit teams from the strongest conference in D2 and not just get lucky playing weak teams from weak conferences.

It really is complete bunk that 1 GLIAC team has been able to play in a nc game in the last decade. if the other teams had to play a GLIAC schedule they wouldnt survive the season.
    Uh, what? Where did I say any of that?

You do see that all I said was they're in the playoffs within a couple years. Do you want me to break that down for you?

Gannon - Left after 2007, where they were 1-9 in the conference, ending a four-year GLIAC run where they were never better than 3-7. They were over .500 two years later.

Notre Dame (OH) - One year in the GLIAC. Went 2-8 in 2012. Went 5-6 in 2013, and then 7-3 in the MEC in 2014.

Mercyhurst - 3-7 in GLIAC in 2005, 2006, 2007. First year in PSAC in 2008, they went 7-4. In the playoffs in 2010.

Indianapolis - Didn't make the playoffs a single time in the GLIAC between 1990 and 2011. Since then, they've went 8-0, 7-0, 7-1, 8-0, 5-3, 8-0 in the GLVC and made the playoffs four times.

Malone - Won 3 games in the GLIAC in 4 years. Total. Still garbage now.

2016 - Hillsdale finished 4-5 in the GLIAC. Ohio Dominican, Findlay, Lake Erie, Walsh were the bottom four teams in the GLIAC South. Hillsdale goes 7-4 (5-2) this past year in new conference. Ohio Dominican went 7-3, including 7-0 in their new conference. Findlay goes 10-3, including 6-1 in conference, and makes playoffs for the first time ever after not making it to the playoffs in the GLIAC between 1998 and 2016. Lake Erie still sucked, but had a better conference record than they ever had in the GLIAC. Walsh goes over .500 in the conference in their first year.

So in only one case in the last 15 years has a team left the GLIAC and stayed the same or worse in their new conference nearly immediately. Only two teams, Hillsdale and ODU, had made the playoffs while in the GLIAC. Since leaving the GLIAC, four teams have made the playoffs within a couple years, including three who couldn't make the playoffs in the GLIAC and all of them but one team has gotten better nearly overnight. That's not opinion.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

You do see that all I said was they're in the playoffs within a couple years. Do you want me to break that down for you?

Gannon - Left after 2007, where they were 1-9 in the conference, ending a four-year GLIAC run where they were never better than 3-7. They were over .500 two years later.

Notre Dame (OH) - One year in the GLIAC. Went 2-8 in 2012. Went 5-6 in 2013, and then 7-3 in the MEC in 2014.

Mercyhurst - 3-7 in GLIAC in 2005, 2006, 2007. First year in PSAC in 2008, they went 7-4. In the playoffs in 2010.

Indianapolis - Didn't make the playoffs a single time in the GLIAC between 1990 and 2011. Since then, they've went 8-0, 7-0, 7-1, 8-0, 5-3, 8-0 in the GLVC and made the playoffs four times.

2016 - Hillsdale finished 4-5 in the GLIAC. Ohio Dominican, Findlay, Lake Erie, Walsh were the bottom four teams in the GLIAC South. Hillsdale goes 7-4 (5-2) this past year in new conference. Ohio Dominican went 7-3, including 7-0 in their new conference. Findlay goes 10-3, including 6-1 in conference, and makes playoffs for the first time ever after not making it to the playoffs in the GLIAC between 1998 and 2016. Lake Erie still sucked, but had a better conference record than they ever had in the GLIAC. Walsh goes over .500 in the conference in their first year.

So in only one case in the last 15 years has a team left the GLIAC and stayed the same or worse in their new conference nearly immediately. Only two teams, Hillsdale and ODU, had made the playoffs while in the GLIAC. Since leaving the GLIAC, four teams have made the playoffs within a couple years, including three who couldn't make the playoffs in the GLIAC and all of them but one team has gotten better nearly overnight. That's not opinion.
      Like i said every other conference is onviously garbage, even the worst teams in the GLIAC would eventually DOMINATE ANY OTHER CONFERENCE! Dont be shy, preach it its the truth!

There is the GLIAC then everyone else.
      All those Championship appearances that the GLIAC has missed out on in the past 10 years is because other teams dont have to play their rigorous schedule before the playoffs.

It really is a tradgedy that the GLIAC could disband and 1 team go to each conference and ALL make the playoffs in 2 years. Cause if your conference isnt the GLIAC its sucks.

Ive learned to live with the fact that football in the LSC is second teir compared to the GLIAC, everyone else can do it too.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Same thing over and over again. Team leaves the GLIAC for another conference, they're in the playoffs within a couple years.

You could break up the GLIAC entirely right now and put one team in each D-II conference in the country and they'll all be in the playoffs within three years.
        agree...Findlay made it to regional final last year I believe...in first ever playoff and coincidentally first year out of gliac...same thing w Indy...mercyhurst went winless for years and made playoffs a year or so after leaving

u would think that would result in a little respect in the polls...Its hard to believe that there r 60 teams better than svsu or Northwood Wayne St. etc

the funniest listening here tho has to b Notre Dame... another team who was winless in gliac

Comment

Like i said every other conference is onviously garbage, even the worst teams in the GLIAC would eventually DOMINATE ANY OTHER CONFERENCE! Dont be shy, preach it its the truth!

All those Championship appearances that the GLIAC has missed out on in the past 10 years is because other teams dont have to play their rigorous schedule before the playoffs.

It really is a tradgedy that the GLIAC could disband and 1 team go to each conference and ALL make the playoffs in 2 years. Cause if your conference isnt the GLIAC its sucks.

Ive learned to live with the fact that football in the LSC is second teir compared to the GLIAC, everyone else can do it too.
          Um. Ok. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
            True for Mercyhurst. Last year in GLIAC in 2007, made only appearance in playoffs in 2010, third year in the PSAC.
            Not true for Gannon.
            no but I think they won more games in first year out than their entire time in...they never beat any of the traditional gliac schools as far as I remember..might have beaten a couple of the filler schools like lake Erie or mercyhurst..note Dame etc

Comment

honest question...were you crying while typing this?

Comment

Um. Ok. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a while.
                "You could break up the GLIAC entirely right now and put 'one team in each D-II conference in the country' and they'll all be in the playoffs within three years."

dont shy away now.

Comment

how many of the wins Gannon mercyhurst Notre Dame lake Erie and Malone had were against each other? im guessing all but one...if my memory is correct mercyhurst beat svsu one time

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                    honest question...were you crying while typing this?
                    yes. hysterically, i was barely able to keep it together to type it out.

Comment

yes. hysterically, i was barely able to keep it together to type it out.
                      I'll give u a ten for sarcasm and overreacting... well done

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                        I'll give u a ten for sarcasm and overreacting... well done
                        we all need to laugh! But in all seriousness 1 in every conference? come on now there is good football played all over the country, not just up north, gliac is a very tough conference but that was a little over the top.

Comment

we all need to laugh! But in all seriousness 1 in every conference? come on now there is good football played all over the country, not just up north, gliac is a very tough conference but that was a little over the top.
                          I didn't say it but I agree... obvious exaggeration

Comment

"You could break up the GLIAC entirely right now and put 'one team in each D-II conference in the country' and they'll all be in the playoffs within three years."

dont shy away now.
                            Ok, I'm sorry. Davenport wouldn't be able to do it yet.

And you took that line there and lowered the number, and then you went entirely off the rails and started going insane.

Comment

Ok, I'm sorry. Davenport wouldn't be able to do it yet.

And you took that line there and lowered the number, and then you went entirely off the rails and started going insane.
                              You make comments like that you should expect some ball busting! ;) (seriously im bored and cant wait for games to start.)

i have no doubt that the GLIAC plays some good football but we got some good football
                              out here too!

heck there were 3, 2 loss teams that sat home last year in region 4.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X