Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Pro Hopefuls

Interesting to see Tyree Horton on the list. I had no idea he was even on GVSU's team until I saw this list. He didn't play much in their Thursday opener. Maybe he just doesn't have the system down yet? I would have expected a guy who led his FCS team in tackles to play more.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Now that a few games have passed I can safely say that Bernard McDondle is THE most talented running back in all of D2 right now. The kid is just too quick and has proven to be a great threat on the outside as a runner and receiver. If CSU Pueblo didn't have 3 outstanding backs this year he'd have more yards per carry.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
        Now that a few games have passed I can safely say that Bernard McDondle is THE most talented running back in all of D2 right now. The kid is just too quick and has proven to be a great threat on the outside as a runner and receiver. If CSU Pueblo didn't have 3 outstanding backs this year he'd have more yards per carry.

Comment

I am just saying that he has skills a lot of other backs do not have. How many yards did Rocket Ismail have the year he placed 2nd to Ty Detmer in the Heisman voting?

Comment

I am just saying that he has skills a lot of other backs do not have. How many yards did Rocket Ismail have the year he placed 2nd to Ty Detmer in the Heisman voting?

Comment

It's totally relevant. The Rocket made it to the NFL based on the skills he had and not his total yards production.

Comment

It's totally relevant. The Rocket made it to the NFL based on the skills he had and not his total yards production.

Comment

Bernard will get a chance at the Pueblo pro day to show his stuff. His injury problem will be one issue he has to overcome. He's never returned punts and kick returns are slowly being taken out of the game so that hurts his value a bit. He has the skills to return kicks, and has done so on occasion, but is usually not back there likely to protect him from injury.

Comment

I know it's slightly deviating from your post as I'm not talking about RBs, but I would argue that CJ Ham (Augustana) and Adam Thielen (Minnesota State) are two players who have made it in the league without crazy numbers. Though Ham was an RB at Augie...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      I know it's slightly deviating from your post as I'm not talking about RBs, but I would argue that CJ Ham (Augustana) and Adam Thielen (Minnesota State) are two players who have made it in the league without crazy numbers. Though Ham was an RB at Augie...
                      Ham is a good example of what McDondle could do.

Comment

Yes I was waiting to see how he does coming off injuries he has sustained. I wish he were bigger because he would be a definite top 3 round pick if he were say 6'0 210 or so. He is fun to watch.

Comment

Ivory was a Washington State transfer who had injury and off field issues but he could play. He was only at Tiffin for a year. Ham is making it on the back end of the roster last I checked. Just a PS or inactive type guy on the 53. He still had over 1000 yards and 16 TDs as a senior. Not bad production. It is all about skill set but I still feel like if you can't put up decent numbers at the D2 level it will be hard to do it in the NFL.

As for Thielen he was pretty good at Mankato. For some reason there was not much interest from scouts and those who I knew then did not bring up his name as a PFA or late round guy to watch. I never really did and left him around 100 among the D2 names that year. I went back and watched his film and I don't think he looked draftable back then but I certainly would have put him in the top 15 D2 players had I known to look at him. There was almost no interest and his pro day was just average so I slotted him and just left him.

It is hard to see everyone so often times I just slot guys based on certain numbers past the top 50-60 D2 guys.

Comment

I have posted the updated list up at the top of the thread. A few names have been added and a couple removed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X