Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is in your opinion a sure fire Harlon Hill Finalist this year?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is in your opinion a sure fire Harlon Hill Finalist this year?

Beaudry also led the conf in INTs and his completion % is 5th just in the GSC. Willie Candler, who has no shot at the HH, threw 5 fewer TDs and 5 fewer INTs on 140 fewer passes and lead the GSC in QB efficiency. Beaudry is legit but his numbers are largely a function of the number of games played. there will be QBs in other conferences with pinball numbers that just don't happen in the GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
      Beaudry also led the conf in INTs and his completion % is 5th just in the GSC. Willie Candler, who has no shot at the HH, threw 5 fewer TDs and 5 fewer INTs on 140 fewer passes and lead the GSC in QB efficiency. Beaudry is legit but his numbers are largely a function of the number of games played. there will be QBs in other conferences with pinball numbers that just don't happen in the GSC.
      Putting up those #'s as a freshman in the GSC is exactly why I think he has a shot. Beaudry played 1 more game than Candler.

Comment

I really think Beaudry is going to have a huge season this year as well. I think the Argos will have such a balanced attack with rushing and going to the air that he may not have the crazy numbers some have in different offenses around the country, but I think he could make a case at the end of being the best QB in D2.
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Devontae Jackson, SR. RB UWG

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            I'm not sure that we can keep giving him the award now that he's retired.
            I heard that with the new redshirt rules, they were giving him another year because he missed a couple of games.
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Harry Satterwhite, UWA

Comment

Bolles is the only frontrunner I've seen play. He has the right O to put up the numbers, but probably won't get quite the video gamelike numbers that some others will against an all MIAA schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Buchanan View Post
                  Here are the top names on my list

QB Amir Hall 6-4, 180, Jr. Bowie State
                  QB Brook Bolles 6-3, 190, Sr. Central Missouri
                  QB Jake Mezera 6-4, 205, Sr. Fort Hays State (KS)
                  QB Barrett Renner 6-3, 206, Sr. Southern Arkansas
                  QB Lenny Williams Jr 5-11, 202, Jr. Indiana (PA)
                  QB Layton Rabb 6-5, 225, Sr. Midwestern State (TX)
                  QB Jake Purichia 6-0, 207, Sr. Indianapolis
                  QB Braxton Marstall 6-2, 207, Sr. Emporia State (KS)
                  QB Chance Stewart 6-6, 263, Sr. Hillsdale (MI)
                  RB Marc Jones 5-11, 225, Sr. Gannon
                  RB Cameron Mayberry 5-11, 200, Jr. Colorado Mines
                  RB Walter Fletcher 5-10, 191, Jr. Edinboro
                  RB Nate Gunn 6-1, 215, Jr. Minnesota State- Mankato
                  RB Deshawn Jones 5-9, 185, Jr. Missouri S&T
                  RB Jake Mayon 5-9, 195, Sr. Northern Michigan
                  RB Bernard McDondle 5-9, 196, Sr. CSU-Pueblo
                  WR Weston Carr 6-2, 200, Jr. Azusa Pacific
                  WR Shane Zylstra 6-5, 220, Jr. Minnesota State
                  WR Austin Ryan 6-0, 185, Soph. Bentley (MA)
                  WR Trey Brock 6-3, 218, Sr. Hillsdale (MI)
                  WR Brody Oliver 6-3, 210, Sr. Colorado School of Mines
                  DB Darius Williams 6-0, 193, Sr. CSU-Pueblo
                  AP Deonte Harris 5-6, 170, Sr. Assumption (MA)
                  AP Drew Harris 5-10, 185, Sr. Ouachita Baptist
                  AP Devontae Jackson 5-8, 171, Sr. West Georgia
                  I think the bolded guys are the ones who are sure-fire finalists, meaning in the top two to come out of their region. Others will have competition.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Bolles is the only frontrunner I've seen play. He has the right O to put up the numbers, but probably won't get quite the video gamelike numbers that some others will against an all MIAA schedule.
                    Possibly, but he put up great numbers last year against that schedule. And Eric Czierniewski (sp?) won the HHT, albeit I think he had a couple non cons....

Comment

Amir Hall is and should be number one on this list. He put up numbers close to the eventual winner, playing in four less games. He returns a plethora of dangerous receivers and I don't think the offensive line issue (all starting 5 from last year graduated) will be a huge deal, after watching this year's crop perform this summer. I believe Marc Jones from Gannon would be pretty high on this list as well if he can have a repeat performance of 2017 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                        Possibly, but he put up great numbers last year against that schedule. And Eric Czierniewski (sp?) won the HHT, albeit I think he had a couple non cons....
                        Yeah if he builds on last season, he should definitely have a shot.

Comment

Reilly Hennessey, QB/Central Washington. Former FCS starter at Eastern Washington. Had a big year last season for CWU.

Comment

Deonte Harris of Assumption has been all over the field ever since he arrived on campus. He does everything - return kicks, catch, run.

Comment

Layton Rabb throws for almost 300 TDs 15-17. 5 TDs in 1 half. Beats Humboldt 55-12.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                                Layton Rabb throws for almost 300 TDs 15-17. 5 TDs in 1 half. Beats Humboldt 55-12.
                                Almost 300 TDs would likely lock the award up in week 1! :smile-big:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X