Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Brandon's take (in the video here) is pretty solid. Worth a view..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJL052qt2s

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      I agree that drivability is more important than airport access, but the airport is a nice bonus for those who can afford to make last minute flight arrangements.

If CWU would ever get there, nowhere is really drive-able other than Boise, Spokane, Seattle, or Portland and perhaps Salt Lake City, but that is a full day drive. Even to get to the SeaTac airport in Seattle is an hour and 53 minute drive depending on traffic of course. Even to the small regional airport here is an hour and 50 minute drive, which can be the best driving option in December with the mountain passes for fans travelling. The team of course could likely charter a plane out of Yakima, but even to have 2k fans come Yakima's airport can't support that and it would be tough on Pasco's although they could take some of the fans that would prefer not to drive over Snoqualmie.

Of course, Ellensburg could be a semifinal destination for teams based on last year's seedings that some team has to make with the team's being the host sites themselves.

Comment

I wonder if the folks in Salem, Va. , right next to Roanoke, would be interested? They have just relinquished the Stagg Bowl, the D3 Championship game that they hosted for about 10+ years. They know how to hold a championship venue, are right on I-81, Roanoke airport next door, plenty of rooms available, etc.

The weather could be cold but usually not much in snow that time of the year.

I guess it would be up to the CIAA or MEC to be the sponser.

I was lucky enough to go to the 2003? or so game when Coach Gagliardi's team from St. John's Minn, beat Mount Union that year.
        It was pretty cool walking down on the field close to the most winningest college football coach in history!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
          Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

I would not want to have it in Corpus at Buc. While the stadium is nice, it's not exactly in the nicer part of town. A nice north end zone view of refinery row for one and the Harbor Bridge Construction zone in that area is a mess.

Alamo Stadium would be ideal. It just had a major renovation finished a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TUNA View Post
              Good thing they moved it from Florence to the land of milk and honey Kansas City
              Good thing that UNA finally moved up!
              IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                I would not want to have it in Corpus at Buc. While the stadium is nice, it's not exactly in the nicer part of town. A nice north end zone view of refinery row for one and the Harbor Bridge Construction zone in that area is a mess.

Alamo Stadium would be ideal. It just had a major renovation finished a couple of years ago.
                I used to think SA would be great.

They do a good job for the Alamobowl and US Army All-American games.

However, UIW reclassifying to D1 soured me on the idea.

Playing the D2 N.C. in a stadium sitting between an FCS and a D3 school would seem odd. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                  That remains to be seen.

Comment

Simple solution, just reward the highest seed team the NCAA D2 Football Championship game at their home stadium. That way it's pretty much assured that the stadium would be packed, a lot of people wouldn't have to worry about travel and accommodations, and the local town would also benefit. Also, the semi final teams would all be playing for something extra.

Unlike the old days, ESPN can now make the needed adjustments a whole lot faster in covering games on a shorter notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      I mostly like that he used a CWU player for the intro screen.

Comment

This is more what I remember:

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                          Simple solution, just reward the highest seed team the NCAA D2 Football Championship game at their home stadium. That way it's pretty much assured that the stadium would be packed, a lot of people wouldn't have to worry about travel and accommodations, and the local town would also benefit. Also, the semi final teams would all be playing for something extra.

Unlike the old days, ESPN can now make the needed adjustments a whole lot faster in covering games on a shorter notice.
                          they used to do it at a weeks notice when they did the semi's, not sure why the nc would be much different from a broadcasting standpoint. the issues of hotels/restaurants and what not would still remain, but i think it would be neat to showcase different stadiums each year...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

That's not a terrible solution but it could make for a terrible experience. How does one exactly get to Mankato, Minnesota on a week's notice? Would it have 300+ hotel rooms available?

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                              Biggest winner of that is West Alabama.

Don't think UNA moving up is good overall for D2 and it remains to be seen if it is good for UNA

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                                This should matter basically -0-. Only consideration for fans should be the ability to get there and staying overnight. The number of fans that do anything outside of attending the game is so minute it is not worth the time.

Also, the NCAA is not going to spend time travelling to locations that do not have an interest in hosting. Thus the bid process. I will continue to beat the the drum that D2 is a niche sport. It means 1MMX more to us fans here than it does to 99.9% of sports fans in general.
                                Then you'll be stuck with attendance well below 10K in most years. If your happy with that then do away with everything related to the game and just play the game on Saturday at the highest remaining ranked teams home stadium. Treat it like any other regular season game and the cost would be negligible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X