24. Southern Arkansas (2-0)
    25. Colorado Mesa (2-0)

Re: D2Football.com Top 25 (9/11)

why did NWMS jump IUP?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
      why did NWMS jump IUP? or did they?
      They did. And you do know why.... Probably same thought process where GV jumped FS in that other poll.

Comment

only talking THIS poll - they thought IUP was better last week but this week when NWMS comes back from behind to a team that they have beaten well, forever, they have them jump IUP - just trying to understand the thought process

Comment

I had IUP ahead of NW in my poll, but it was close. IUP struggled to beat Ashland, who just lost to ODU, so perhaps that is why.

I suppose it's technically true NW had to come from behind against WU, but being down 14-7 in the second quarter and 17-14 in the third isn't a big deal. Not to mention, the game ended up being a 3 TD margin, and on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
            I had IUP ahead of NW in my poll, but it was close. IUP struggled to beat Ashland, who just lost to ODU, so perhaps that is why.

I suppose it's technically true NW had to come from behind against WU, but being down 14-7 in the second quarter and 17-14 in the third isn't a big deal. Not to mention, the game ended up being a 3 TD margin, and on the road.
            +1

WU went up 14-7 in the second quarter, and then NW tied it up on their next possession. WU went up 17-14 after the kickoff in the third, NW scored on their next possession, and then never looked back. The game was never really in doubt for NW. If the NW DB's could catch, the game would have been really out of hand. There were so many balls that they just simply dropped. I mean I guess that they are DBs instead of WR's for a reason - but DANG!
            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

I suppose, but most pollsters don't jump another winning team unless some really strange game was played. Not sure I saw that. I think it came down to reputation.

Comment

Not sure of the reason why, but Ashland played ODU without their starting QB.

Comment

why did NWMS jump IUP?
                  Because they are NWMS.

Comment

why did NWMS jump IUP?
                    The better question is why isn't Assland ranked? Oh wait....they choked two weeks in a row and ended their season after game 2.

Comment

Colorado Mines should be receiving more votes. The CSU Pueblo vs Mines game this Saturday is going to be a bloody dog fight.

Comment

Colorado Mines should be receiving more votes. The CSU Pueblo vs Mines game this Saturday is going to be a bloody dog fight.
                        With the lack of respect RMAC gets the loser of this one may fall off the chart completely.
                        Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
                          With the lack of respect RMAC gets the loser of this one may fall off the chart completely.
                          I used to think this, and CSUP gets WAY more "respect" than it should sometimes, but they have earned it. The rest of the RMAC simply needs to earn it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                            I used to think this, and CSUP gets WAY more "respect" than it should sometimes, but they have earned it. The rest of the RMAC simply needs to earn it as well.
                            Mesa is getting there I think, Mines is there as far as respect goes in my opinion. Beyond that I'm not sure there's an RMAC team even close to earning it if we look at the conference since UNK left.

As far as Mines being deserving of receiving more votes, they've played possibly the 2 worst teams in the RMAC. They could be the real deal, they have the chance to show it here soon.

Comment

How many people vote on the D2Football.com poll? I know the coaches poll is 33ish.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X