Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell us a bit about your conference

Originally posted by The Librarian View Post
    Part of the confusion here is that in California we have two state university systems, the UC (University of California) and the CSU (California State University). CSUP is COLORADO State University of Pueblo. Too many CSUs in the country.

And don't get us started about USC (University of Southern CALIFORNIA or University of South Carolina).
    Most states have two university systems, I believe....

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
      Our school was called University of Southern Colorado for several years. "USC" wasn't as bad, though as the acronyms when it was called "Southern Colorado State College" or "Pueblo University".
      When Pennsylvania was moving to a university system, they considered the names State University at the Campus of location_name, but Kutztown was against it. :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        I have to believe that's just myth. CSU Pueblo is D2. All other campuses don't really support the systems needed to field a football team.
        California currently only has two D2 programs with HSU and APU. Obviously HSU is going away after this season, and APU is private.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          I have to believe that's just myth. CSU Pueblo is D2. All other campuses don't really support the systems needed to field a football team.
          UC is the Univ of California system, CSU is the Cal State University system.

Comment

Part of the confusion here is that in California we have two state university systems, the UC (University of California) and the CSU (California State University). CSUP is COLORADO State University of Pueblo. Too many CSUs in the country.

And don't get us started about USC (University of Southern CALIFORNIA or University of South Carolina).
            I think they like to be called THE Colorado State University at Pueblo.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
              When Pennsylvania was moving to a university system, they considered the names State University at the Campus of location_name, but Kutztown was against it. :smile-big:
              State University at California, Pennsylvania.

That's got a nice ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                I think they like to be called THE Colorado State University at Pueblo.
                That does have a nice ring to it!
                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

I've usually seen USC and USCe as abbreviations for Southern Cal and South Carolina respectively

Comment

There's not one, but two Augustana's, albeit one's now referred to as a University. I think they were even the same institution at one point.

Comment

• Re: Tell us a bit about your conference

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                      There's not one, but two Augustana's, albeit one's now referred to as a University. I think they were even the same institution at one point.
                      Both of them are the Vikings and both are navy blue and gold.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Both of them are the Vikings and both are navy blue and gold.
                        Didn't know that bit of it. Before they became AU, that must have been confusing. Judging by my multiple google searches throughout the years, the "original" in Illinois seems to be more well-known despite being D-III.

Comment

There are 12 Concordia's in the US. That must be lovely, trying to explain which one to the family at Thanksgiving...

Nine of them are affiliated, but the Zach Moore one and the Brandon Zlystra one are not.

Anyway, college naming schemes are fascinating. Carry on.

Comment

There are also two USF Cougars....

The University of Sioux Falls Cougars of course, as well as our former NAIA brethern the University of St. Francis Cougars, who interestingly, we defeated in 2006 to win the NAIA National Title.
                            4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                              There are also two USF Cougars....

The University of Sioux Falls Cougars of course, as well as our former NAIA brethern the University of St. Francis Cougars, who interestingly, we defeated in 2006 to win the NAIA National Title.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X