Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must see game this coming week

We're playing the early game this Saturday so I'd like to watch a couple later games. I normally check the scores and go to the game in which the score is close and at least one of the teams is ranked but this week I like to watch a couple competitive D2 games from start to finish. So, what are some games where the odds are pretty even (regardless of ranking)? Are there any games in your conference between division leaders, two undefeated teams or a game with conference championship implications?

Re: Must see game this coming week

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    We're playing the early game this Saturday so I'd like to watch a couple later games. I normally check the scores and go to the game in which the score is close and at least one of the teams is ranked but this week I like to watch a couple competitive D2 games from start to finish. So, what are some games where the odds are pretty even (regardless of ranking)? Are there any games in your conference between division leaders, two undefeated teams or a game with conference championship implications?
    The NSIC has a couple good games slated for this week...

Bemidji State Beavers (4-1) vs Sioux Falls Cougars (4-1)

Mankato State Mavericks (5-0) vs Moorhead State Dragons (4-1)

Both games start at 2pm CST and can be seen online through the conference website northernsun.org

Comment

Ouachita Baptist at Harding University 10/6 @6pm

Comment

SR1

Hillsdale (4-1, 3-0 GMAC) at Findlay (3-2, 2-1) could be a key game in deciding the GMAC championship. Findlay reached the playoffs last year, but could find themselves on the outside looking in with a loss to the Chargers.
        Notre Dame (5-0, 5-0 MEC) at Fairmont State (4-1, 3-1) is another critical game for both the MEC title chase and the NCAA playoffs. Should be an interesting game under the lights in Fairmont on Thursday night.
        California (3-2, 2-0 PSAC West) at Clarion (4-1, 2-0) smells like a trap game for Cal, fresh off handing IUP their first loss of the season in a non-upset "upset" (anyone who's followed this series over the past decade knows that IUP hasn't any success at Cal over the past 10-12 years, so this wasn't really an upset); big question will be if Clarion is legit? This game has divisional title implications.

SR2

North Greenville (3-1, 2-0 Gulf South) at West Georgia (5-0, 2-0) could clear the logjam atop the LSC standings. NGU is looking to make a statement in their first season as an associate member of GSC for football with a win against one of the perennial powerhouses of the league.
        Lenoir-Rhyne (4-1, 3-0 South Atlantic) at Newberry (3-2, 1-0) boasts the last two remaining undefeated teams in the SAC; L-R is back after a couple of very bad seasons and looks to regain the top spot in the SAC.
        Tuskegee (3-2) at Morehouse (5-0) might be the game of the week in the SIAC as the Maroon Tigers look to make a statement in Atlanta against 'Skegee and show their 5-0 start is no fluke.

SR3

Ouachita Baptist (5-0, 5-0 GAC) at Harding (4-1, 4-1) might be the best rivalry game in the GAC as the undefeated Tigers look to slow down Harding's vaunted triple option while the Bisons are looking to muddy things up in the GAC title race.
        Dixie State (4-1, 4-1 RMAC) at Grand Valley (5-0, 3-0 GLIAC) sees an up and coming Dixie State (who wasn't that great in the GNAC, but have turned into a decent program since joining the RMAC a few years ago) against the juggernaut that is Grand Valley.
        Pittsburg State (5-0, 5-0 MIAA) at Northwest Missouri (4-1, 4-1) is usually the game that helps decide the MIAA title. That's all that needs to be said...

SR4

Central Washington (3-2, 3-0 GNAC) at Azusa Pacific (4-1, 3-0) is the first of two meetings between the top two teams in the GNAC.
        Texas A&M-Commerce (4-1, 2-0 LSC) at Midwestern State (5-0, 3-0) is the first of three games in the LSC which could decide the league title among TAMU-C, MSU and Tarleton State.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
          At least I'm closer to Arkansas where one of these days, I'd take a day trip out to Searcy or Arkadelphia for a game like this.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by codeblack View Post
            Two former GSCers. That game will bring back memories.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
              The NSIC has a couple good games slated for this week...

Bemidji State Beavers (4-1) vs Sioux Falls Cougars (4-1)

Mankato State Mavericks (5-0) vs Moorhead State Dragons (4-1)

Both games start at 2pm CST and can be seen online through the conference website northernsun.org

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

SR1

Hillsdale (4-1, 3-0 GMAC) at Findlay (3-2, 2-1)
                Notre Dame (5-0, 5-0 MEC) at Fairmont State (4-1, 3-1)
                California (3-2, 2-0 PSAC West) at Clarion (4-1, 2-0)

SR2

North Greenville (3-1, 2-0 Gulf South) at West Georgia (5-0, 2-0)
                Lenoir-Rhyne (4-1, 3-0 South Atlantic) at Newberry (3-2, 1-0)
                Tuskegee (3-2) at Morehouse (5-0)

SR3

Ouachita Baptist (5-0, 5-0 GAC) at Harding (4-1, 4-1)
                Dixie State (4-1, 4-1 RMAC) at Grand Valley (5-0, 3-0 GLIAC)
                Pittsburg State (5-0, 5-0 MIAA) at Northwest Missouri (4-1, 4-1)

SR4

Central Washington (3-2, 3-0 GNAC) at Azusa Pacific (4-1, 3-0)
                Texas A&M-Commerce (4-1, 2-0 LSC) at Midwestern State (5-0, 3-0)
                Wow! Awesome post, it must be nice to have such a vast knowledge of D2 football. Can I borrow your bracket for our playoff picks :)

Comment

Here are the game times

SR1
                  Hillsdale at Findlay 3pm
                  Notre Dame at Fairmont State 7pm (Thr)
                  California at Clarion 1pm

SR2
                  North Greenville at West Georgia 2pm
                  Lenoir-Rhyne at Newberry 4pm
                  Tuskegee at Morehouse 1pm

SR3
                  Ouachita Baptist at Harding 7pm
                  Dixie State at Grand Valley 7pm
                  Northwest Missouri at Pittsburg State 3pm

SR4
                  Central Washington at Azusa Pacific 9pm
                  Texas A&M-Commerce at Midwestern State 8pm

Comment

That Central Washington-Azusa Pacific game is on ESPN3, for the record.

Comment

If you like offense, then Bowie State at Chowan should be entertaining. BSU's Amir Hall is 2nd in the country in passing yards per game while CU's Bryce Witt is 10th in that category.

Comment

Let's all just use this weekend to settle down while we await #2 GVSU vs #3 Ferris next weekend.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

If you like defense, Northwest Missouri school of inbreeding at Pitt should be a fun one.

Comment

I've changed my mind, I can't watch these games. Reason being, I inevitably root for the underdog and they play well enough to win but then with less than 2 minutes left on the game the wheels come off.

The Thursday game was awesome and the better team probably won but...

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                              At least I'm closer to Arkansas where one of these days, I'd take a day trip out to Searcy or Arkadelphia for a game like this.
                              What are you doing in Texas now?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X