• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 title game at McKinney ISD in Texas

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...p-headed-texas
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Re: 2018 title game at McKinney ISD in Texas

So unfortunate. Nice stadium, but really wanted it in Little Rock. Texas always seems to get big events easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
      So unfortunate. Nice stadium, but really wanted it in Little Rock. Texas always seems to get big events easier.
      Little Rock would have been a good choice.
      Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boWNlIslJ78

Comment

Seriously? Little Rock over McKinney and that stadium?
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
            Seriously? Little Rock over McKinney and that stadium?
            Little Rock is a good location and is accessible. And you can go to HB's BBQ!
            Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
              Little Rock is a good location and is accessible. And you can go to HB's BBQ!
              Wouldn't there be some safety issues with LR? One of the top most dangerous cities its size. War Memorial Stadium would be OK, but D2 doesn't need a stadium that big.
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Wouldn't there be some safety issues with LR? One of the top most dangerous cities its size. War Memorial Stadium would be OK, but D2 doesn't need a stadium that big.

With a capacity of over 12,000 seats, this stadium can more than easily host a DII championship crowd. And best of all, it's a football not futbol stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMy2NJLLCHA

Comment

Have you ever been to Little Rock? Make the commute everyday. Never have feared for my life, even when staying after dark.

Comment

I think that Little rock would be a fine place to have the game, but I do not think the NCAA wants to televise a national championship game with 2/3 of a stadium empty.

Comment

I still believe it would have been a much better choice to reward the highest seated team with the opportunity to host the National Championship game. It would have pretty much guaranteed a packed house for the nationally televised game, and would have saved a lot of fans (and one of the schools) a ton of money with not having to try and deal with travel accommodations meals etc.

Unfortunately, with this large high school facility, I will bet it will be half empty or half full for the Championship game, depending on how optimistic or pessimistic you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                        I still believe it would have been a much better choice to reward the highest seated team with the opportunity to host the National Championship game. It would have pretty much guaranteed a packed house for the nationally televised game, and would have saved a lot of fans (and one of the schools) a ton of money with not having to try and deal with travel accommodations meals etc.

Unfortunately, with this large high school facility, I will bet it will be half empty or half full for the Championship game, depending on how optimistic or pessimistic you are.
                        If there was some type of minimum standards across the board for all D2 stadiums then that could work (i.e. capacity and press box requirements). In the CIAA alone we have a school without a visitor side and another school without a press box. I'd rather the game be played in a quality looking half full stadium, then the potential for it to be played in a highest seed stadium that looks like a parks and rec field.

Comment

Just checked - last minute fares to fly this coming weekend (if purchased today Monday 10/8), leaving this Friday 10/12, and returning 10/14, from Denver to DFW would be $160 roundtrip. To Vegas would be $290. So, it seems like Dallas is a good pick. You could not drive to Dallas for $160.

The cheapest last minute to KC is $247 from Denver. Cheapest last minute to Orlando is $296. Cheapest to Little Rock is $490.

I'd say we have the winning NC site location. Let's hope they can work it out for the Cowboys practice facility permanently after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                            If there was some type of minimum standards across the board for all D2 stadiums then that could work (i.e. capacity and press box requirements). In the CIAA alone we have a school without a visitor side and another school without a press box. I'd rather the game be played in a quality looking half full stadium, then the potential for it to be played in a highest seed stadium that looks like a parks and rec field.
                            I agree, but I think we can all assume that schools that put no money into the presentation of their programs aren't going to be vying playoff appearances let alone national championships right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                              I agree, but I think we can all assume that schools that put no money into the presentation of their programs aren't going to be vying playoff appearances let alone national championships right?
                              That's a fair enough point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X