Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least Deserving Top 25 Team

As of this week who is the least deserving team in the top 25 poll here at D2?

A. Pitt State
    B. Notre Dame
    C. IUP

A. Pitt has 1 loss against the first good team they played and it was a total butt kicking
    B. Notre Dame has played nobody but has beaten everyone on their schedule with 3 of their games being easy wins and 3 close
    C. IUP has lost 2 in a row and their signature win at the start of the year vs Ashland doesn't look as good now as it did in Week 1 since Ashland has stumbled to a 3-3 record.

Re: Least Deserving Top 25 Team

Hard to say Notre Dame - as they have the leading rusher in D2 in Jaleel McLaughlin who is almost on pace to break the single season record. Notre Dame may not be all that good but as long as they have arguably the best player they will win the MEC and should be in the top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

A. Pitt State
      B. Notre Dame
      C. IUP

A. Pitt has 1 loss against the first good team they played and it was a total butt kicking
      B. Notre Dame has played nobody but has beaten everyone on their schedule with 3 of their games being easy wins and 3 close
      C. IUP has lost 2 in a row and their signature win at the start of the year vs Ashland doesn't look as good now as it did in Week 1 since Ashland has stumbled to a 3-3 record.
      I would say IUP, and let's see if Notre Dame can continue to go unbeaten.

Comment

C.

Based on your description it seems IUP is benefitting from their early No. 4 ranking combined with a misperceived early marquee win. My thing is, why are coaches polls even a thing? My wife understands that my availability is limited during football season so we know coaches have no time for anything but developing their team. How could we expect them to be familiar with teams outside their schedule :)

The quantitative polls are fun because as the weeks pass more data is compiled and they become more fair (theoretically) but for the teams with no OOC games.
        Last edited by boyblue; 10-10-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

A. Pitt State
          B. Notre Dame
          C. IUP

Notre Dame beat Shepherd to start the year who was ranked around 15th at the time in the poll. Shepherd is young this year, but has been pretty good in the past from year to year with a few semifinal appearances.

I know SR1 doesn't ever win and yada yada, but ND is one of the top 25 at this point and deserving.

Comment

Im going with

d. Central Washington beaten no one good and lost to a bad WT team who didnt even gain 100 yards passing, not because they didnt need to either. Their QB is just not good.
            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

A. PSU

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                Im going with

d. Central Washington beaten no one good and lost to a bad WT team who didnt even gain 100 yards passing, not because they didnt need to either. Their QB is just not good.
                well if we can add teams - Tiffin has beaten two teams that are 2-4 and four teams that are 1-5

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  Im going with

I looked at putting them in there, but I didn't know enough about Eastern Washington (CWU's 1st loss) to put them in there. They played WT close who played Azusa close. Not that who beat who really tells the story but that was my off the cuff reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                    well if we can add teams - Tiffin has beaten two teams that are 2-4 and four teams that are 1-5
                    Wow, good call. Didn't know that about Tiffin. Shame on me. Good catch and a legit D. Tiffin add.

Comment

E. Auburn. because they suck....oh we are talking D2 :)

Comment

I looked at putting them in there, but I didn't know enough about Eastern Washington (CWU's 1st loss) to put them in there. They played WT close who played Azusa close. Not that who beat who really tells the story but that was my off the cuff reasoning.
                        Eastern is the #3 D1-AA team in the country this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                          Yea I only keep up with D1 and D2 and then the D1-AA playoffs. NDSU etc. And usually watch the D3 championship game between Wisconsin Whitewater and Mount Union.

Comment

Wt is not a good team, they are better than last year but their only other wins are over OPSU, winnless Western new mexico and 1 win UTPB(over western nm).

They have shut out 1 opponent OPSU

Western nm has their 2nd most points against WT.

Tarleton beat them by 37. the largest spread they have beaten anyone by this year.

GNAC is way way way down from last year as is the LSC.

Central Wash. is floating on name rec now. Other than their second game vs AZUSA they will not play another team with a winning record this year.
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

And CWU played them closer than D1-FCS Cal Poly... wow, 70-17 win against Cal Poly for EWU. That's a beat down. Oregon State only beat Cal Poly 48-25.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X