Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Field Advantage

I posted this poll in the MEC forum, but wanted to open it up to the entire board.

For those using mobile who may not be able to see the answer choices:

1. Band playing ominous music for an opponent's upcoming third down attempt.
    2. Stadium playing music for an opponent's upcoming third down attempt.
    3. Stadium announcer enthusiastically favors the home team's first downs and scores
    4. None of the Above - or anything else for that matter. At the D-II level it's hostile and unsportsmanlike.
    5. Other - Explained below (one add-on in the General Discussion section was allowing the crowd to use noisemakers).
    Band plays ominous music just before an opponent's upcoming third down play
    32.43%
    Stadium music plays just before an opponent's upcoming third down play
    13.51%
    Stadium announcer enthusiastically favors the home team's first downs and scores
    16.22%
    None - at the DII level such antics are hostile and takes away from sportsmanship
    18.92%
    Other - Explanation below.
    18.92%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Raymond Franze; 10-28-2018, 09:43 PM. Reason: Add poll options in message for those on mobile who can't utilize the poll feature.
    I can be reached at [email protected].

Re: Home Field Advantage

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post
    I posted this poll in the MEC forum, but wanted to open it up to the entire board.
    What poll? I'm not seeing a link on mobile?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
      What poll? I'm not seeing a link on mobile?
      There should be a poll at the top of the page with five options to choose from.

Comment

.....crickets....still waiting for the poll

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
          The poll should be viewable above. There have been a couple of votes so far.

Comment

Comment

That's a good one. I knew there were other obvious poll options that I couldn't think of at the moment, hence the "Other" option ... and you delivered!

Comment

i don't think artificial noise makers should be allowed. i don't have a problem with megaphones, but i HATE cowbells...

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                  The polls are not visible on mobile for some reason. I tried it too and the poll wasn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick - Shep '05 View Post
                    The polls are not visible on mobile for some reason. I tried it too and the poll wasn't there.
                    Thank you .. I'm not crazy

Comment

Band music (which cannot be played once the ball is ready) is great. ARTIFICIAL NOISE sucks! One thing that really bothers me is when a school actually has a band that is willing and able to play and they pipe in the artificial crap. I have let that be known to game day officials- they may not pay any attention but at least I get it off of my chest.

Play well and you will get your fans to stand up. Suck and nothing you do will work.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                        Thank you .. I'm not crazy

Comment

Other - All of the above...and more!

Biggest farce in sports is the notion that for playoffs you are trying to establish a "neutral site". Teams earn home field advantage. Let them have it. Michigan's high school athletic association has a bazillion rules with bands and signs and all kinds of nonsense. Let people have some fun.

Comment

@ Nick - Shep '05 ... again, thank you for pointing out the discrepancy between the mobile version of the thread and the online web-browser version.

I added the options at the top in the original message, but again for anyone on mobile who can't see/utilize the poll ....

What antics should a home team utilize/be allowed to utilize to create a home-field advantage atmosphere?

1. Band playing ominous music for an opponent's upcoming third down attempt.
                            2. Stadium playing music for an opponent's upcoming third down attempt.
                            3. Stadium announcer enthusiastically favors the home team's first downs and scores
                            4. None of the Above - or anything else for that matter. At the D-II level it's hostile and unsportsmanlike.
                            5. Other - Explained below (one add-on above was allowing the crowd to use noisemakers).

Comment

I'm not really opposed to any of it, so long as if it's within reason. It makes the gameday atmosphere almost as much as anything else.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X