Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Field Advantage

I think all of the above...as long as it is within the framework of the rules...

Funny story...my son's last year in HS, we were the visiting team in a brand spanking new stadium, new big video board,loud sound system...and all night long, when we had the football, they were playing crap on the video board, LEDs flashing, sound system blaring...and it was really bad it we were driving towards the score board...the game was tight, and in the third quarter, we were driving the ball, lights and sounds while we were at the LOS...ref blew the whistle, Umpire went and covered the ball, Ref got on the mic and said something to the effect that if they don't turn it off when the huddle was broken, he would have the board turned off and penalize the home team for USC....they behaved for the rest of the game, which we won on the last play of the game...

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
      Did Valdosta ever get their own "home field"?
      No, not yet. We are still using the high school stadium. However, the city just built a new high school. Some believe they will be building a new stadium on its campus and the college may get take over the current stadium. When ....... who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Franze View Post
        I said I would reveal the inspiration for the poll. A couple of weeks ago at a game, a fan (family member probably) of the visiting team approached the press box staff to--I'll be polite--express frustration over the lack of sportsmanship because the home team played music (recorded songs via speakers, not the band) when the visiting team reached 3rd down. The fan was livid because it wasn't fair as the music didn't play when the home team had an upcoming third down play; and that the visiting team didn't do that to their opponents during home games.

I looked it up, the MEC policy is that music (speaker, band) in between plays is acceptable as long as it ceases prior to the Center taking his stance over the ball. And I can attest the home team adhered to that policy. The music did not continue while the Center was over the ball.

Definitely one of the most unique situations I've witnessed at a game.

Comment

This.. I still remember some mid to late 90's Husker games... No one could hear anything but the roar of the crowd from start of game to end of game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X