Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't 4 losses disqualify a team from the playoffs?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shouldn't 4 losses disqualify a team from the playoffs?

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    Hmmm....I do recall it was the GNAC posters that were railing on the RMAC. I was upset yes but understood my team didnt make it cause the lost 2 out of 10 games. At least the 2 we lost to were both playoff teams and 1 was the eventual national champs. They also had a good SOS.

35+ points to teams that are not good at all.

Your AD maybe should have thought about things before cancelling the Kingsville game.

Dont worry the Wildcats will probably get in at the mercy of the committee.

Nobody cares how good a team was last year. This year is what matters.
    Not worried at all. It would be great if they got in, but I understand the circumstances if they do.

I didn't like that CWU dropped the TAMUK game. I understand the reasoning, but still didn't like it. I am not sure how much that game would help CWU in the SOS department. Isn't TAMUK the team that lost to GNAC member WOU?

I got pissed in 2008 and 2010 for what I thought were snubs. I have learned that that is life in the GNAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
      Not worried at all. It would be great if they got in, but I understand the circumstances if they do.

I didn't like that CWU dropped the TAMUK game. I understand the reasoning, but still didn't like it. I am not sure how much that game would help CWU in the SOS department. Isn't TAMUK the team that lost to GNAC member WOU?

I got pissed in 2008 and 2010 for what I thought were snubs. I have learned that that is life in the GNAC.
      It would at least be another d2 win.

Last year, humbolt and eastern ended up behind Duluth, Mesa, then Pueblo cause while they also had 2 losses they played 11 d2 games.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

I will add that loses should be added to the criteria, when comparing wins they look at in region and + or - .500 they should do that for losses as well.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
          Ah, yes, but how many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog house?
          The answer is THREE.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            The answer is THREE.
            Correct! Three, because ice cream has no bones.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
              Correct! Three, because ice cream has no bones.
              I hear you knocking but you can't come in! And that's a fact, JACK!

Comment

4 loss teams routinely make the playoffs in SR2 and not necessarily by EA. We'll gladly keep the slot but I just think it would be more fair to give it to another conference.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                  4 loss teams routinely make the playoffs in SR2 and not necessarily by EA. We'll gladly keep the slot but I just think it would be more fair to give it to another conference.
                  And they should continue to when teams like Virginia State go 10-0 then lose 35-9 to three loss UWG....at home.

Comment

How often is "routinely?"

Comment

homework? :laugh: cool get back to you soon.

Comment

Last one I found was 2009, West Alabama got in with a 7-4 record, and won their first round game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_N...ootball_season

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                          How often is "routinely?"
                          I've found a couple times in the past 10 years but there could be more. In most places the teams' full season record not just the regular season record is listed. But basically this happens when you have one dominant team in the SIAC, CIAA & SAC, All the other teams end up with 3 losses and the committee will take a 4 loss GSC team over a three loss team from the other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                            Last one I found was 2009, West Alabama got in with a 7-4 record, and won their first round game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_N...ootball_season
                            I remember that UWA team. They played @ CN in the 2nd round. CN was taking them to the woodshed and was up 29 at half...then UWA came out and scored 21 unanswered in the 3rd. CN ended up winning by 18 but it was one weird game.

Comment

I've found a couple times in the past 10 years but there could be more. In most places the teams' full season record not just the regular season record is listed. But basically this happens when you have one dominant team in the SIAC, CIAA & SAC, All the other teams end up with 3 losses and the committee will take a 4 loss GSC team over a three loss team from the other conferences.
                              So if you disqualify the 4 loss GSC team, why wouldn't the Regional Committee just chose one of the 3 loss teams from your region over a team from another region? How would the seeding and travel work in your plan? Say Valdosta was the only 4 loss team disqualified from SR2 and the "next best" (by which metric??) team was say Central Washington, who would pay for the travel? Would the games that Central Washington played in all be held in SR2 or would a SR2 team face the prospect of perhaps traveling to Washington State to play, then perhaps fly back home for and travel to a road game the next week?
                              Last edited by boatcapt; 11-02-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

It is easy. If a team's loss total is 5, unless they win the NC, they were a 4 loss regular season team.

I am still struggling with your concept of "routinely". Once in 10 years?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X