Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d2 recruiting timeline

Question for any recent players or parents who have gone through the process. Would you say most D2 schools wait until their season is over to get deep into recruiting? My son has been in contact with a few recently who all said that once the season is over they really get into evaluating and will make decisions in late December/January. He's done the spring games, camps, game day visit circuit and has keep his film up to date, emails, DM's, etc. Maybe I'm anxious but it seems with signing date being early February making decisions late December/early January is cutting it close. Or do they wait out the guys who are borderline D1 and get overlooked or slip down? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: d2 recruiting timeline

Originally posted by Small School Love View Post
    Question for any recent players or parents who have gone through the process. Would you say most D2 schools wait until their season is over to get deep into recruiting? My son has been in contact with a few recently who all said that once the season is over they really get into evaluating and will make decisions in late December/January. He's done the spring games, camps, game day visit circuit and has keep his film up to date, emails, DM's, etc. Maybe I'm anxious but it seems with signing date being early February making decisions late December/early January is cutting it close. Or do they wait out the guys who are borderline D1 and get overlooked or slip down? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last year there was no early signing period in D2 like there was in D1. I can't vouch for when the schools start really getting down to it but if I recall the last 2-3 years mid January is when you start to see kids Twitter feeds light up about their commitments. Good luck to you and your son!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
      Last year there was no early signing period in D2 like there was in D1. I can't vouch for when the schools start really getting down to it but if I recall the last 2-3 years mid January is when you start to see kids Twitter feeds light up about their commitments. Good luck to you and your son!
      We have an ask the coach segment on The Kerwin Bell Show, I'll ask the question and who knows we may get you an answer.

Comment

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...r_20180507.pdf
        Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 11-09-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Small School Love View Post

Comment

Yep. This. Most D2 schools wait until after the season is done, because they can't really go on the road to travel much in-season due to the smaller staffs. The other problem is almost every kid is holding out to get a D1 offer, so D2 schools aren't able to narrow down their target lists until the D1's have pretty much locked down their own recruiting classes.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X