Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruling on Ferris State

So....looking like the GLIAC and the NCAA just turning a blind eye to the whole thing...

Re: Ruling on Ferris State

I was wondering what the ruling was? Surprised nothing has been said yet. Maybe they just got a warining?

Comment

Well, what's the incentive NOT to use ineligible players then?? Just site the "Ferris Rule", mention precedent has been set and keeping winning.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
        So....looking like the GLIAC and the NCAA just turning a blind eye to the whole thing...
        No!!! They're just checking their eyelids for holes...

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
          I was wondering what the ruling was? Surprised nothing has been said yet. Maybe they just got a warining?
          I haven't seen any official announcement from the GLIAC, so I have no idea what's going on. You'd think a determination would be made before the playoff announcements come out.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
            Well, what's the incentive NOT to use ineligible players then?? Just site the "Ferris Rule", mention precedent has been set and keeping winning.
            my hunch is that if this was anything other than a player who never played other than mop up duty in the 4th, they would be all over it

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
              my hunch is that if this was anything other than a player who never played other than mop up duty in the 4th, they would be all over it
              As long as that firewall between academics and athletics was not breached and the mistake was an honest clerical error they should be ok, but of course I'm not familiar with the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                As long as that firewall between academics and athletics was not breached and the mistake was an honest clerical error they should be ok, but of course I'm not familiar with the rules.
                I can't resist. It wasn't a clerical error. Athlete was also informed from another school that he would have to sit a year. And there it no excuse for the football staff..i.e. head coach, not knowing the 444 transfer rule/issue.

Comment

We self reported an issue and lost our conference championship status (2015) for it. Rules are rules.
                  Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                    I can't resist. It wasn't a clerical error. Athlete was also informed from another school that he would have to sit a year. And there it no excuse for the football staff..i.e. head coach, not knowing the 444 transfer rule/issue.
                    The report I read made it seem like an administrative error. I could see this being an honest mistake. The player was to have graduated but flunked a course. Admin was supposed to confirm but never did.

If it is an honest mistake any chance Ferris is not penalized?

Comment

Comment

tl;dr FSU played an inelidgible player.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          tl;dr FSU played an inelidgible player.
                          I got that, where can I find some details

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                            I got that, where can I find some details
                            https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...er/1687406002/

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                              The report I read made it seem like an administrative error. I could see this being an honest mistake. The player was to have graduated but flunked a course. Admin was supposed to confirm but never did.

If it is an honest mistake any chance Ferris is not penalized?
                              No. Pueblo had a similar issue and forfeited all playoff games and took a nullification penalty which wiped out a conference championship. It doesn't matter if it's an administrative error, rules are rules.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X