Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ruling on Ferris State

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    Get real nothing is going to happen to Ferris, the GLIAC commissioner has had plenty of time to rule and take action and she has done nothing. I dont believe that this 11th hour appeal is going to do anything. The NCAA could care less about rules in D2 because there is no money to be had in fines. At the end of the day we will all just get to go play football and let the game decide on the field who is in and who goes home. Character is revealed best when no one is watching. Just play by the rules on and off the field. Anchor Up!
    This is an NCAA eligibility issue. What does the GLIAC have to do with it? Does the GLIAC get to operate under different rules?
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I had no idea about this until now.

But, y'all typing for nothing folks. Have you met the NCAA?

There will likely be no rhyme nor reasoning as to the outcome of this.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        I had no idea about this until now.

But, y'all typing for nothing folks. Have you met the NCAA?

There will likely be no rhyme nor reasoning as to the outcome of this.
        Didn't you move to another neighborhood? :confused:
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
          Didn't you move to another neighborhood? :confused:
          Not quite, I'm the GSC blogger. :tongue:

Plus, UNA just played 4 GSC teams over the past few weeks of the season as they were kind enough to travel to Florence during the Lions solo season as an FCS Indy.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
            This is an NCAA eligibility issue. What does the GLIAC have to do with it? Does the GLIAC get to operate under different rules?
            GLIAC also has the authority to impose penalties... if/when they ever desire to.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
              GLIAC also has the authority to impose penalties... if/when they ever desire to.

Comment

Sending documentation isn't the issue. And you truly believe that TA has no responsibility in this matter? Heck, coaching staffs from other schools even knew about the issue. I guess TA is just too busy focusing with on the field activities this summer... yeah, that's is. BTW, I do wonder what tripped XSU into self reporting in the first place. What happened 4 weeks in for XSU to change their own ruling on this issue? I think XSU has mentioned something about this being a complicated issue. If that is the case, one just has to ask why not ask the NCAA about this first? There was time to do so. I think most people that know TA know pretty much why.

Comment

It was enough to drop Ferris to No. 2. The Bulldogs will host Harding.

Comment

Glad they discussed that.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I may chime in elsewhere, but I think it's really weak as to how the NCAA "announced" the penalty... or did they? They left it up to the Bcast? Still no press release? I'm glad they ruled, but one has to wonder, even if this is D2, as to how they have given out the info. I'm not even sure the regional voting comm. was aware of it.
                      Last edited by Redwing; 11-11-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Of course. However, those penalties have to be more severe than what NCAA would impose. The NCAA didn't. See ya in Michigan.
                        Go Hounds!
                        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                        Cyclone Power
                        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

I may chime in elsewhere, but I think it's really weak as to how the NCAA "announced" the penalty... or did they? They left it up to the Bcast? Still no press release? I'm glad they ruled, but one has to wonder, even if this is D2, as to how they have given out the info. I'm not even sure the voting comm. was aware of it.

Comment

I didn't recall Bowie. So that's the normal procedure I guess... And don't be so sure that the comm. knew. Yes, MM is on the regional comm. Maybe he'll say something about this week. There is a show Thursday and he has talked about the RR's every week. Not sure if he's free to speak about voting though.

Comment

I didn't recall Bowie. So that's the normal procedure I guess... And don't be so sure that the comm. knew. Yes, MM is on the regional comm. Maybe he'll say something about this week. There is a show Thursday and he has talked about the RR's every week. Not sure if he's free to speak about voting though.
                              Yeah, that will be interesting. Remember, the National committee officially selects the teams, and they most undoubtedly knew.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X