Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Wait. There's no roster limits for D3 programs? Or there's no roster limits at all in NCAA?
    St John's used to dress over a hundred players for a game so they had to have duplicate numbers. It worked since not only were they not in the game at the same time, SJU didn't use those players anyway. I wondered why but if you realize that you can brag that you were on a playoff team, even if you never got into a game, when you got rich later in life you were more likely to make some big donations.

I'm trying to think what the road limit is in the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

St John's used to dress over a hundred players for a game so they had to have duplicate numbers. It worked since not only were they not in the game at the same time, SJU didn't use those players anyway. I wondered why but if you realize that you can brag that you were on a playoff team, even if you never got into a game, when you got rich later in life you were more likely to make some big donations.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Well, last season UIW made the FCS playoffs and ACU made the basketball tournament. Which is ironic considering that in D2 UIW was a basketball power and ACU was a football power.

Comment

While people are discussing Southland Teams, what is the news on the Louisiana schools? There has been some speculation about them being in poor financial straits.
          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
            While people are discussing Southland Teams, what is the news on the Louisiana schools? There has been some speculation about them being in poor financial straits.
            Louisiana schools depend on state oil revenue which is non existent at the moment. I have no idea how Nicholls is hanging on. Here is an article from May. UNO was forced back up from D3 which is clearly where they need to be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...38aed.amp.html

Louisiana has too many D1 Universities and too few students. Something has got to give.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Wait. There's no roster limits for D3 programs? Or there's no roster limits at all in NCAA?
              In D3 as I understand it.

That's why SJU can have 300 kids on one team. I'm sure many schools and/or conferences curb it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Also might be a way to entice students to come. They get to spend $75,000 a year AND play dress-up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X