X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior Dome article

Article about Northern Michigan's dome.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/superior-dome

As they say in Buffalo and Green Bay, football should be always be played outdoors.

Last edited by crixus; 09-05-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      As they say in Buffalo and Green Bay, football should be always be played outdoors.

Yeah, but Marquette gets ridiculous amounts of snow, and it can be expensive to hire enough of a crew to shovel out a stadium in say 12 hours. Even if its only 12,000 seats. Green Bay and Buffalo can do it because they have NFL money to throw around towards shovelers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Yeah, but Marquette gets ridiculous amounts of snow, and it can be expensive to hire enough of a crew to shovel out a stadium in say 12 hours. Even if its only 12,000 seats. Green Bay and Buffalo can do it because they have NFL money to throw around towards shovelers.
        My friend Steve Kalliveg played center for the Mavs- I think the game in Marquette was in 1967 or 68. Anyway he said the field was deep with snow.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

My friend Steve Kalliveg played center for the Mavs- I think the game in Marquette was in 1967 or 68. Anyway he said the field was deep with snow.
          they probably played the games in snow shoes back then. :wink:

Comment

That's the University of Buffalo's stadium pictured, they don't play in the same stadium as the Bills. And I posted Green Bay's because it's renown for it's snow games and I'm a Packers fan.

Comment

they probably played the games in snow shoes back then. :wink:
              And they play in snow at Washington St. & Eastern Washington. The same goes for Montana, Montana St., Northwestern, Wisconsin and many D2's & D3's.

Last edited by crixus; 09-07-2019, 05:44 AM.

Comment

27 plays in 12:09 MSU Mankato. I'm right in front of the press box door.

Comment

Or- you could play inside.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

And they play in snow at Washington St. & Eastern Washington. The same goes for Montana, Montana St., Northwestern, Wisconsin and many D2's & D3's.

I went to the CWU vs Montana State game years ago. They played the game in sleet. If CWU hadn't won, it wouldn't have been worth it. It's like fishing in the snow, not worth it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X