• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rooting for the NC to own no land.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      I'm rooting for the NC to own no land.
      Lol that would be impossible... Miaa still plays everybody in conference correct?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Lol that would be impossible... Miaa still plays everybody in conference correct?
        Extremely unlikely, but if every playoff team lost their last regular season game none of them would have any territory, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

A lot can happen between now and Week 7. Both teams have to play Tarleton State before then, and ASU also has to play Midwestern State.

In the meantime, ASU is likely to pick up Alaska this weekend.
          And CWU could grab it back for the GNAC in week 5. It could be CWU takes back the land or WT owns the entire GNAC.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Extremely unlikely, but if every playoff team lost their last regular season game none of them would have any territory, right?
            I suppose you're correct, assuming 2-3 miaa teams make it into the playoffs only one would have to play a team with land and win to bring at least some land in

Comment

Any of you who frequent /r/CFB are no doubt familiar with College Football Imperialism. At the start of the season, each county in the United States is assigned to the football team closest to it. As the season progresses, whenever a team loses, all the land that team holds is transferred to the team who beat them.

In this Division II edition, each of the 167 teams starts with at least one county. The starting empires range from Livingstone's single county to Simon Fraser's entirety of Alaska plus five counties in Washington. By the end of the season, ownership will be in fewer hands; the champion is guaranteed to have a significant portion, but it's entirely possible for land to end up with non-playoff teams. I am electing to limit this to D2 teams, so if someone loses to a non-D2 team, they retain their land.

The starting map can be seen here: https://i.imgur.com/rPRY7AJ.jpg. (It's too large to display on here.) This map does not reflect any of the games that have been played so far. I hope to update this weekly as the season progresses.
              Cool. Love this map

Comment

Comment

Good idea. I've just done that.

Comment

That's wicked cool. I'll be following all season.

Comment

Comment

Quick question for clarification. So if Harding beats Monticello, does OBU get that territory via their previous defeat of Harding? Or does OBU lose the chance to take the territory since Harding was week 1?

Comment

Originally posted by OBULurker View Post
                          Quick question for clarification. So if Harding beats Monticello, does OBU get that territory via their previous defeat of Harding? Or does OBU lose the chance to take the territory since Harding was week 1?
                          If Harding wins they get the land held by UAM and keep it until their next loss, after which the team that beats them gets it. When a team beats a team with land, it does not go to anyone that beat them earlier.

Comment

Looks like NMHU has accepted the loss. Here's an altered Week 1 map: https://i.imgur.com/7lGdRWX.jpg

Comment

Week 2 map is up!

https://i.imgur.com/oKjtVBB.jpg

Comment

USF bounces back into the map, is that the first NSIC school to make it back on the map?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X