Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/Favorite D2 football game you've attended

Pretty self-explanatory. I'll allow games you've watched online too, but would prefer games you were actually at.

I'll start it out. I think my fellow Mustang fans will probably pick a different game because of the end result (a game I wasn't at, but watched online), but I'm actually going to pick a game that my alma mater lost. But if you love offense, it's hard to beat this game (if you love defense, you've been warned). 10/5/13, Sioux Falls at SMSU.

Box score: https://static.smsumustangs.com/cust...3/usf-smsu.htm

Comment

Ending a rivals streak after an abysmal start to the season. Taking down No 1 NWMSU

https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...?path=football

Comment

As a fan-the 1998 D2 semifinals NW over IUP for the Bearcats 1st trip to a championship game. the 0-11 1994 season was my freshman year so never thought we'd get that far

As a broadcaster-I got to call a 4 overtime district playoff game a few years back that was wild and only ended when the losing team failed on a 2pt conversion (did that game after driving 3 hours each way to do a softball game that day in the state semifinals too...I was mentally cashed out after that)

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          Ending a rivals streak after an abysmal start to the season. Taking down No 1 NWMSU
          Thank you for not saying the 2013 Mineral Water Bowl!

Comment

Rallying from 17 points down at halftime and 10 points down with 7 minutes to play to beat your rival on their home field for the conference championship is a pretty sweet deal. Most fun I've ever had as a fan at a sporting event.

This one was pretty fun too - the Griffs were down 1 at Missouri Southern with the ball at their own 10 yard line with 2:14 to play and converted *4* fourth downs to score with 6 seconds left, an 18-play, 90-yard drive.

Comment

Favorite: Bowie State's win over West Alabama in the first round of the playoff's last year.

Best: Probably the 2002 CIAA Championship Game. Bowie State vs Fayetteville State (Bowie lost). It was a sloppy game due to rain, but it was competitive to the last play of the game. I know it's on YouTube somewhere.

Comment

1999 Northwest Missouri v. Carson-Newman - D2 Championship
                2015 Shepherd v. Northwest Missouri - D2 Championship

Comment

2014 National Championship game in KC. Low scoring shutout for my home team.
                  Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    1999 Northwest Missouri v. Carson-Newman - D2 Championship
                    2015 Shepherd v. Northwest Missouri - D2 Championship
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Blizzard Bowl last fall when MSU-Mankato came from behind to beat Tarleton in the quarterfinals. Epic drive.

https://deadspin.com/welcome-to-foot...ell-1830939775

Comment

2009 Regional Final in spite of the CWU loss. Classic batlle.

Although not a full DII game, the 2008 CWU v. Montana game was a classic.

Comment

October 12, 2013--Homecoming at Azusa Pacific, when Terrell Watson went off for a record that the NCAA doesn't recognize (because we hadn't finished the transition process yet). He ran for 232 yards and four touchdowns...just in the fourth quarter as the Cougars rallied from 20 points down at halftime to beat Simon Fraser 44-36 en route to their first ever conference title.

Comment

2013 PSAC Championship game - Bloomsburg beat SRU in a barnburner. There were 2 or 3 times during the game we thought Franklyn Quiteh was done with a shoulder injury but would keep coming back in and ended up with 231 yards rushing. Scored the winning TD with 27 seconds left in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkBnoIiicMM

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X