Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to recruit successful high school programs in your area?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to recruit successful high school programs in your area?

VSU shares the area with some really good high school teams, but few impact players seem to come from those schools. We've had some great local standouts but it seems the exception.

In Valdosta ,the top players at the county & city school all get top D1 offers but, I wonder if it's possible to poach a few more of the 1 & 2 star talent or even the occasional 3 star? If so what would be the selling points?

In FBS, teams have 85 full "equivalencies", commonly referred to as scholarships. They are full rides.
    In FCS teams get 63 equivalencies which can be broken up among 85 total players allowing some partial scholarships.
    In D-11, teams get 36 equivalencies which can be broken up among an unlimited number of players.

It's economics. Would you rather have a full ride or a partial scholarship?

Comment

There's more talent than scholarships and we manage to recruit 1's & 2's from all over the country so I'm sure something can be done. For example the state of Georgia offers discounts to its residents, how about the city ("Winnersville") and county offering up a few scholarship dollars to keep kids that want to stay home? How about the business community funding a "home star" scholarship?

I get your point as far as dollars and I'm not thinking we can get em all, I was thinking more on the line of, if the money is there, what's the appeal? and can we get 1 or 2?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X