Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology Thread

With the new bracketing rules, I guess this is the first time bracketology has been relevant in D2 football.

Since Canadarican has been posting mock regional rankings over in the SAC forum, I've been using those. (In other words, you can complain to me about the bracketing, but I'm not responsible for the seeding...)

Here's my Week 3 bracketology (rankings at https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...ional-rankings):

Last edited by Inkblot; 09-25-2019, 09:25 PM.

I fail to understand why Minnesota Duluth would move to SR1 to play West Chester (950 miles and a flight) when Shepherd was moved into SR2 to play Bowie State. Help me work through it.

Really fun thread by the way.

Comment

ODU is a 7 seed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        I fail to understand why Minnesota Duluth would move to SR1 to play West Chester (950 miles and a flight) when Shepherd was moved into SR2 to play Bowie State. Help me work through it.

Really fun thread by the way.
        I was writing a long post to explain the reasoning when I realized I'd made a mistake there. I'd forgotten to put the second-round flight criterion ahead of the regular-season rematch criterion when doing that part. With that in mind, yes, UMD should go to Bowie State and Shepherd to West Chester despite being in the same division.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
          ODU is a 7 seed, right?
          I kept the regional rank to indicate that they're in by earned access.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I was writing a long post to explain the reasoning when I realized I'd made a mistake there. I'd forgotten to put the second-round flight criterion ahead of the regular-season rematch criterion when doing that part. With that in mind, yes, UMD should go to Bowie State and Shepherd to West Chester despite being in the same division.
            I don't understand why they would move to SR1 at all no matter the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I don't understand why they would move to SR1 at all no matter the opponent.

Comment

I appreciate the shout out! I've gotta figure out how to post logos into my rankings

Comment

Absolutely amazing again...Joe Lunardi would be proud

Comment

Does anyone else get bounced this week besides UWG and OD? Not sure I'm following the earned access if ND is in?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I kept the regional rank to indicate that they're in by earned access.

Hey thanks for doing this. It's fun to predict.

<>

Comment

I usually get my rankings for the week done on Wednesday's. I always post it on the SAC board. If more people are interested, I can post on general.

Comment

Harding is going to be fighting for a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
                            Does anyone else get bounced this week besides UWG and OD? Not sure I'm following the earned access if ND is in?
                            ND is in the Mountain East. OD and most of the other Ohio schools are in the Great Midwest.

Comment

My week 5 rankings are up. Go check em out on the SAC page.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X