Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Red....wont the SOS for GV move up around .510/.520 if they beat Wayne? While NW will finish at .500. Seems like there's been pretty straight WP% and SOS being applied so far. That said, it doesn't seem like a 6 or 7 seed matters much....they look to be looking at 5-6-7 as free agents who can play and travel a 2-3-4 in a matter that best fits the travel model. Maybe I have it wrong..but that's how I'm interpreting the new NCAA playoff vision.
    I'm pretty sure GV's SOS will be under .500. And FWIW, NW and HSU are playing teams with better records Sat...though GV MAY pick up a couple.. but DSU (done??) Edinboro and William Jewell....Ughhh. (All the rest play each other.)

And I do think you're right.. not much diff if one is 5-7. They get thrown into a pot.

Comment

• No matter how you slice it. Looks like Greyhounds are coming to Searcy, Arkansas to play the Bisons if we both win this Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldBison View Post
        No matter how you slice it. Looks like Greyhounds are coming to Searcy, Arkansas to play the Bisons if we both win this Saturday.
        Not necessarily. In this scenario it was basically a tossup for the #4 seed between Harding and UCM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'd guess it's Urbana if they win. If they lose, I think it's either WVSU or Cal. There hasn't been a week yet where these two had the same number of losses, so I don't know how the committee would view them.
          I don't see Cal suddenly jumping into the 7-seed after not even being in the regional rankings all season.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Soo... Is there a situation where OBU wins this weekend and doesn't have to play UCM or NWMSU? I'm guessing the only way that happens is both FSU and UCM lose so we could get #1 bye. Yeh that's not gonna happen. Honestly, I'm more paranoid about losing in the Battle of the Ravine and wind up not even getting into the playoffs. I don't a situation where all three 10-1 GAC teams would make it in and we would be the team with the most recent loss in that situation.

Comment

• Ferris does not play this weekend.

Comment

Next scenario: In which each game is won by the Massey favorite. SRU over Kutztown, Cal over West Chester, Findlay over Tiffin, Truman over Urbana, NWMSU over UCM. [TABLE="border: 1, cellpadding: 1, width: 600"]

So, does region1 play region 2 in semi's??
                <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

So, does region1 play region 2 in semi's??
                  That's not determined until the semifinalists are known.

Comment

Next scenario: In which each game is won by the Massey favorite. SRU over Kutztown, Cal over West Chester, Findlay over Tiffin, Truman over Urbana, NWMSU over UCM.
                    Wait...so Ouachita would be the 2 seed, but have to play a 5? Why would the 3 seed get to play a lower seed. I guess travel, but that seems to go against the whole point of seeding. Doesn't reward you for the year much. Guess we will wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Wait...so Ouachita would be the 2 seed, but have to play a 5? Why would the 3 seed get to play a lower seed. I guess travel, but that seems to go against the whole point of seeding. Doesn't reward you for the year much. Guess we will wait and see.
                      Well, the 5th seeds and below are technically unseeded now...

Comment

• To help figure out more potential bracket scenarios, I've created a seeding scenarios thread where I've laid out a rough draft of how the seeding could turn out. I'd like as much input as possible.

Comment

• Comment

• If GVSU makes it in, there's a good chance they get sent out of SR3, as it appears likely that all the first-round hosts in SR3 will be more than 600 miles away. That means either they're sent to SR1 or they get flown to one of the Colorado teams.

Barring a loss by CSU Pueblo, both Colorado teams will be hosting and their visitors will have to fly in. These will presumably be the only first-round flights.

Comment

• Here's my projected bracket for if the rankings turn out like this:

Comment

• Swapping out Henderson State for Lindenwood makes one slight change: HSU would face Tarleton State, while Texas A&M Commerce visits Northwest Missouri State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X