Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Good deal. If they are going to worry about trying to make sure seeds 5-7 don't play an opponent they've already played, they should do the same for seeds 2-4.
    The effect is exactly the same. If you're pairing together teams from Group A and Group B, it's impossible to worry about rematches for Group B without worrying about rematches for Group A.

Comment

Basically this is a logic puzzle. First you have to figure out the minimum number of first-round flights (in this case it's 2). Then the minimum number of potential second-round flights without increasing the first-round flights (it's 4). Only then can you worry about rematches.

Comment

I am trying to get ahold of the committee to see if this is how they are going to handle it.

Comment

Week 6 Rankings are up.

Comment

This week's bracket has one first-round flight (UMD to Mines), two potential second-round flights excluding double upsets (Harding to Valdosta State and Angelo State to NWMSU), and zero first-round rematches.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              This week's bracket has one first-round flight (UMD to Mines), two potential second-round flights excluding double upsets (Harding to Valdosta State and Angelo State to NWMSU), and zero first-round rematches.

Comment

I dont have my rankings in front of me to know for sure, but I want to say that one of the components of my rankings had the Mavericks ranked a dozen or so slots below the Texans and that was the difference. They are extremely close, percentage points.

Comment

Basically this is a logic puzzle. First you have to figure out the minimum number of first-round flights (in this case it's 2). Then the minimum number of potential second-round flights without increasing the first-round flights (it's 4). Only then can you worry about rematches.
                  You're thinking about this far more than the NCAA will.

I don't get moving Tiffin to SR3.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

You're thinking about this far more than the NCAA will.

I don't get moving Tiffin to SR3.
                    They have the new guidelines, so I assume they'll use them.

And with the new guidelines, there's not really such a thing as "moving" the 5-7 seeds to different regions (except those in via earned access, which in this case is no one). It isn't assumed that those teams should stay in their home region; preserving the matchups that would have taken place under the old system is literally the last criterion listed.

Tiffin is the only road team within driving distance of both Indianapolis (1st rd) and Ferris State (2nd rd), so their placement in the bracket is ideal.

Comment

Personally, it's interesting seeing how the new criteria could be applied. Even if the NCAA ends up going a different direction, at least we have a baseline for what sort of bracket would satisfy the new criteria reasonably well.

Comment

They have the new guidelines, so I assume they'll use them.

And with the new guidelines, there's not really such a thing as "moving" the 5-7 seeds to different regions (except those in via earned access, which in this case is no one). It isn't assumed that those teams should stay in their home region; preserving the matchups that would have taken place under the old system is literally the last criterion listed.

Tiffin is the only road team within driving distance of both Indianapolis (1st rd) and Ferris State (2nd rd), so their placement in the bracket is ideal.
                        True, but it seems the longer travel burden merely got shifted to Carson-Newman in both the first and second rounds.

But I do appreciate the perspective on the 5-7 teams no longer being part of their native region once seedings begin. I hadn't thought of it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

True, but it seems the longer travel burden merely got shifted to Carson-Newman in both the first and second rounds.

But I do appreciate the perspective on the 5-7 teams no longer being part of their native region once seedings begin. I hadn't thought of it like that.

Comment

Week 7 is up:

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...ional-rankings

Comment

Comment

Eagerly awaiting this weeks 'revamped' brackets . . . . thanks for doing these. Most helpful to us Div 2 Newbies.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X