Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

34-32 GV missed a two-point conversion with :54 left.
      I was going by the fact that Shepherd was up 34-19 with less than five minutes to go, and they also pounded GV for 191 yards rushing. Only Ashland (201) and Ferris (214) rushed for more yards.When I watched the game, it felt like GV was getting pounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If you're trying to troll me.. so be it. But where did I say anything about a cakewalk? I do still stand by my original statement. AND FWIW, look at the rankings of the teams in SR3. I think you'll find most of the those in RR's are ranked pretty high.
        I would never troll you!

I guess I inferred that you, by saying you would welcome a move to SR 1, were pronouncing it easier.

Shepherd ran over GV and racked up 191 yards rushing, a total that was only behind two other GV losses.

Comment

VSU should make it back to the 1 seed but if we don't I don't, does that extra game mean that much in terms of it being more difficult to repeat?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
            VSU should make it back to the 1 seed but if we don't I don't, does that extra game mean that much in terms of it being more difficult to repeat?
            Nope

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Nope
              LOL, Man I don't know how funny your reply was or even if that was your intent, but I got a real good laugh - thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

I would never troll you!

I guess I inferred that you, by saying you would welcome a move to SR 1, were pronouncing it easier.

Shepherd ran over GV and racked up 191 yards rushing, a total that was only behind two other GV losses.
                Gotcha... LOL... but easier doesn't mean cakewalk. Guess I had to be more clear. ;-) And really what does a game a few years back matter for this season? And so I can talk out of both sides of my mouth, I admit I do have a bias about the strength of MOST teams in SR1.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  The SR4 bracket remains exactly the same this week, but there's shakeups elsewhere.

Ink....lemme ask..

What measure for distance (mileage) is being used to calculate Augustana to C.Mines, etc. Do you consider that ground travel or air travel? Just curious on the methodology here. Appreciate the work you've put in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Ink....lemme ask..

What measure for distance (mileage) is being used to calculate Augustana to C.Mines, etc. Do you consider that ground travel or air travel? Just curious on the methodology here. Appreciate the work you've put in here.
                    The NCAA has a mileage calculator on their site (https://web1.ncaa.org/TES/exec/miles) and that's what I use.

Comment

Also agree the Shep/GV game was not an ass handing type of game, we were fortunate to get the win after the D basically went to sleep for awhile.

But the point here is still that the SR1 annual playoff rep is still rightly considered the easier road to the NC, although ND's great game last year AT Valdosta certainly surprised many folks.

Untill SR1 can get to & play a dominating game at the NC, that's just the way it's going to be, so we'll keep banging away at it....

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Gotcha... LOL... but easier doesn't mean cakewalk. Guess I had to be more clear. ;-) And really what does a game a few years back matter for this season? And so I can talk out of both sides of my mouth, I admit I do have a bias about the strength of MOST teams in SR1.
                        Just limit it to talking out of both sides of your mouth and we are good.....

Comment

West Chester is 7 seed in SR 1 not Tiffin and Virginia State is 7 seed in SR2 not Albany St. if that makes a difference.
                          Last edited by CatFan88; 11-05-2019, 04:25 PM.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                            The scenario is flawed. Urbana and NW flipping regions over a 20 mile difference in travel? (I realize NW and UCM still have to play each other, but if this were the final regional selection it would be difficult to understand making NW go all the way to Mankato and Urbana go to Warrensburg when keeping them in their respective regions would be much less in travel distance and cost).
                            In a vacuum, it would make sense to keep Urbana and NWMSU in their home regions. But there's a lot of moving parts. GVSU has to go to SR1 in order to avoid a flight, which means that someone from SR1 has to go elsewhere. NWMSU is one of only two teams that can bus to Mankato, and the other one (Augustana) played MSU in the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

In a vacuum, it would make sense to keep Urbana and NWMSU in their home regions. But there's a lot of moving parts. GVSU has to go to SR1 in order to avoid a flight, which means that someone from SR1 has to go elsewhere. NWMSU is one of only two teams that can bus to Mankato, and the other one (Augustana) played MSU in the regular season.
                              I deleted the post, but now I'm you glad quoted it. Again, not blaming messenger and this has probably been discussed. But they are disregarding the whole seeding process for the 5-7 seeds to save some bucks. As it stands SR3 has two 6 seeds and SR4 has two 7 seeds. This whole process makes very little sense, but then again it is the NCAA...
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I deleted the post, but now I'm you glad quoted it. Again, not blaming messenger and this has probably been discussed. But they are disregarding the whole seeding process for the 5-7 seeds to save some bucks. As it stands SR3 has two 6 seeds and SR4 has two 7 seeds. This whole process makes very little sense, but then again it is the NCAA...
                                Maybe so. But then there is a discussion that one region's 6 seed could be a better team than another region's 5 seed. Heck in the past this happened for who would host a semi. One's regional seed has no impact when comparing a team from another region.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X