Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII Throwback Uniforms?

With watching the Chichago Bears throwbacks on TV right now, I am wondering if there are DII schools with a throwback uniform set of any kind. I realize most schools barely have enough for 1 set of gear, but I am curious. Does anyone have a throwback? If your school did have a throwback, is there a cool set from your past that you wanna see again?

For my Greyhounds, it looks like they used to have a full red set with the old block I logo on the helmet which may be cool to see again, but look an awful lot like a cheap rip off of Indiana, which they probably were. Link is below. https://athletics.uindy.edu/sports/2...des.aspx?id=48

GV will whip out the powdered blue jerseys every so often. Was our standard during the 80's and '90's. Haven't seen much more "throw back" than that, but when you've only played football since 1971 it's kinda hard to have a lot to choose from in that regard...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
      GV will whip out the powdered blue jerseys every so often. Was our standard during the 80's and '90's. Haven't seen much more "throw back" than that, but when you've only played football since 1971 it's kinda hard to have a lot to choose from in that regard...
      Cool, ya, I assume a lot of schools either cannot afford throwbacks or simply are not that old. 1971 is actually pretty old for some of these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by purduefan11 View Post
        With watching the Chichago Bears throwbacks on TV right now, I am wondering if there are DII schools with a throwback uniform set of any kind. I realize most schools barely have enough for 1 set of gear, but I am curious. Does anyone have a throwback? If your school did have a throwback, is there a cool set from your past that you wanna see again?

For my Greyhounds, it looks like they used to have a full red set with the old block I logo on the helmet which may be cool to see again, but look an awful lot like a cheap rip off of Indiana, which they probably were. Link is below. https://athletics.uindy.edu/sports/2...des.aspx?id=48
        I think for most schools it's not practical. I would like to see them use the funds if they have it to be given for scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by CALU4lyfe View Post

I think for most schools it's not practical. I would like to see them use the funds if they have it to be given for scholarships.
          Valid, I realize most schools have far greater needs than throwbacks.

Comment

I've posted these before. Missouri Western is celebrating the 50th season of football with some throwback helmet decals, one for each of the five home games. The one in the middle was used from the 90s to a few years ago, the black-and-white one was an alternate a few years ago (though I think it was on a gold helmet), the rest date back to the 70s and 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              I've posted these before. Missouri Western is celebrating the 50th season of football with some throwback helmet decals, one for each of the five home games. The one in the middle was used from the 90s to a few years ago, the black-and-white one was an alternate a few years ago (though I think it was on a gold helmet), the rest date back to the 70s and 80s.

I really love these, the white one in the middle may be my favorite, but it is always cool to see how things change over time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X