Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we leave the refs out of this...

I've been watching a lot of D2 football since the brackets were announced and the one common thing I've noticed about the announcers is from coast to coast the refs blew the call on almost every big play. There's a missed holding call on any run longer than 4 or 5 yards. Let's not talk about kick returns :laugh:

I don't know how it could be implemented but I wish that someone could put a stop it. I understand the guys are homers but there is really no point in getting on the Refs. They make mistakes and they should be graded so that the bad ones could be removed, but for the most part they're honestly calling em like they see em. I see there are a couple announcers associations, they're probably for professionals but maybe they could reach out to their aspirants.

Back in the day when we did step shows all we did was talk bad about the other fraternities but at some point word came down the line (It was probably a National Pan-Hellenic Council initiative) that we needed to cut that stuff out. I know some of that still goes on but the culture changed pretty quickly. All I'm saying is that something like that needs to happen with these announcers. Talk about your team's achievements, the default can't be that the refs got it wrong.

Re: Can we leave the refs out of this...

The commentators in the GSC are pretty amateur. I don't expect much from them.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

The radio dudes calling the Hillsdale vs Kutztown were truly amateur, and not very good. The live stream team was just okay. A lot of blaming the refs. Hillsdale's radio is outstanding. The voice of the Chargers is well worth listening to. The live stream duo have been together for 18 years; they are not students, but seasoned pros. The play-by-play guy at times is just plain fantastic. We can only hope that the Notre Dame live stream team is up to the task. The Hillsdale radio station sends its man to Euclid, OH for the broadcast. Every media broadcaster gets on the refs from time-to-time, but constant on the air harassment amounts to ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        The commentators in the GSC are pretty amateur. I don't expect much from them.

I think Rhodes and Russel are exceptional. The do all l commentary for GSC football, and Russel does all softball, football. He is amazing.
        <>

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
          We can only hope that the Notre Dame live stream team is up to the task.

During the regular season games I've seen, the quality of the video feed was lacking and audio was non-existent. I'm hoping that's improved for the playoffs. That is one across-the-board improvement I'd like to see throughout the Mountain East Conference, is much better audio/video coverage of games. West Liberty's in-house broadcast production is well done, and in the past WV Metro News coverage of Charleston and Fairmont State was professional quality. But beyond those I would expect more from a conference that expects more of itself.
          I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
            I think Rhodes and Russel are exceptional. The do all l commentary for GSC football, and Russel does all softball, football. He is amazing.
            I enjoy them but they are professionals. I'm talking about the webcast (and even radio) crews around the conference. I started muting most of them last year and have continued this season. It's rough.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Yes. Agree % 100.

I mute mine too.
              <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X