Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Division II Top 25 (10/21)

Link: https://www.afca.com/d2-poll-tarleto...over-commerce/

Tarleton State Takes Control of the Lone Star Conference with win over Texas A&M-CommerceAFCA Division II Top 25 (10/21)
    1. Valdosta State (30) (7-0)
    2. Ferris State (7-0)
    3. Minnesota State-Mankato (7-0)
    4. Tarleton State (1) (7-0)
    5. Ouachita Baptist (7-0)
    6. Notre Dame College (7-0)
    7. Lenoir-Rhyne (7-0)
    8. Indianapolis (6-0)
    9t. Colorado School of Mines (7-0)
    9t. Slippery Rock (7-0)
    11. Central Missouri (7-0)
    12. Wingate (7-0)
    13. Colorado State-Pueblo (6-1)
    14. Northwest Missouri State (6-1)
    15. Bowie State (7-0)
    16. Grand Valley State (6-1)
    17. Kutztown (7-0)
    18. Harding (6-1)
    19. Indiana (PA) (6-1)
    20. West Florida (5-1)
    21. West Chester (6-1)
    22. Angelo State (6-1)
    23t. Henderson State (6-1)
    23t. Texas A&M-Commerce (4-2)
    25. Virginia Union (6-1)

Dropped Out
    Pittsburg State (#19), Minnesota-Duluth (#23)

Others Receiving Votes
    Pittsburg State, Dixie State, Sioux Falls, Fort Hays State, Missouri Western State, Fayetteville State, Minnesota-Duluth, Truman State, Eastern New Mexico, Frostburg State, Tiffin, Nebraska-Kearney, Assumption, Southern Arkansas, Miles

I try to be understanding and give some wiggle room, but lately I really have come to think the coaches poll is a joke. How do you have 1 team with 2 close losses to two top 15 teams not even recieving votes, and yet another team with 2 losses barely outside the poll and they lost by 45 and 31. Or a 6-1 team that literally lost to the only team they've played ranked in the Top 100 of D2.

Comment

Spot on canadarican.

Comment

And I'm not necessarily saying it because it involves any certain teams, but come on. Pay attention to something other than the name of a school. Look at who they've played. Who they beat. Put some effort into it

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
          I try to be understanding and give some wiggle room, but lately I really have come to think the coaches poll is a joke. .
          Why do they even have a coaches poll? As a head coach, I am first concerned with my own team, second with teams in my conference. I could care less about the rest of the conferences until the playoffs. I can't believe that any of them put much time into it.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Why do they even have a coaches poll? As a head coach, I am first concerned with my own team, second with teams in my conference. I could care less about the rest of the conferences until the playoffs. I can't believe that any of them put much time into it.
            Fair question. I'm really curious as to how much time someone does spend on it, or if they hand it off to some GA or the SID.

Comment

But here's the point I was originally making. Take a look at Fayetteville State. Currently 6-1, only loss was to Wingate by 10 I think. Most people see 6-1 and instantly think, man not a bad football team. But dear sweet 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus look at the schedule. I've included where they are ranked in my rankings out of 167 Division II teams.

Won 35-21 vs Benedict (155th)
              Lost 24-34 vs. Wingate (currently 22nd but will be higher after D2football.com poll comes out along with other criteria)
              Won 51-6 vs Lincoln PA (167th)
              Won 55-12 vs Elizabeth City (163rd)
              Won 66-20 vs Chowan (149th)
              Won 25-22 vs Shaw (134th)
              Won 35-34 vs Johnson C. Smith (151st)

Comment

But here's the point I was originally making. Take a look at Fayetteville State. Currently 6-1, only loss was to Wingate by 10 I think. Most people see 6-1 and instantly think, man not a bad football team. But dear sweet 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus look at the schedule. I've included where they are ranked in my rankings out of 167 Division II teams.

Lost 24-34 vs. Wingate (currently 22nd but will be higher after D2football.com poll comes out along with other criteria)
                You sound like you'll be interesting when the RR's come out then. Hang on for the ride!:at-wits-end:

Comment

FSU somehow managed to avoid Bowie State, Virginia Union, and Virginia State. Of course they'll presumably play one of those in the CIAA title game.

Comment

Fair question. I'm really curious as to how much time someone does spend on it, or if they hand it off to some GA or the SID.
                    I used to work for a university in the SID department. Trust me, the coaches barely look at it, and most times the SID fills it out. The coaches poll is a joke....been that way for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

FSU somehow managed to avoid Bowie State, Virginia Union, and Virginia State. Of course they'll presumably play one of those in the CIAA title game.
                      No one in the CIAA South Division has a chance against those three teams. Yes, to me FSU has played a cream cookie schedule, but will probably be soften up by WSSU. They came close to losing to Johnson C. Smith Saturday.

Comment

Comment

The top four or five teams are probably ranked correctly, but after that it's a crap shoot. Having been an SID I know that coaches seldom, if ever, vote in these polls. An SID usually has at least a smidgen of insight into other teams in their conference, but beyond that...

Comment

And here I thought you were talking about West Chester. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

And here I thought you were talking about West Chester. :)
                              No offense to West Chester but this made me spit out my drink it was so funny.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X