Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBA commissioner is considering a charity diversion game while the NBA is off. He layed out conditions of course for all those participating in any way that would have to be met, but I think he sees the sports withdrawl occuring. It is good that they are considering such an option.

Comment

Karl-Anthony Towns mother has passed away from COVID-19. Very sad news.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ns-coronavirus

Comment

This might be the only good take I've seen in 2+ weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

This might be the only good take I've seen in 2+ weeks
          Looking back, the NBA was the first to realize how bad this pandemic would be...

Comment

Robert Wadlow was 8'11"

Comment

With all of this talk about the Chicago Bulls, here is a look at Phil Jackson when he played basketball- and baseball- at UND.

https://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spo...in-the-mid-60s

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                With all of this talk about the Chicago Bulls, here is a look at Phil Jackson when he played basketball- and baseball- at UND.

https://www.mitchellrepublic.com/spo...in-the-mid-60s
                Apparently you gotta be a subscriber to see the photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Apparently you gotta be a subscriber to see the photo?
                  I just tried the link here and it went right to it. And I'm not a subscriber, I got the link off of Twitter. So I'm not sure where the glitch would be. It is a story about how well he did at UND and the scoring battles that he had with a USD player. I think four of the top five highest scoring nights were within about a week- Jackson, the USD player and some player from Augustana that they mention.

Comment

The latest rumor.

BREAKING: According to reports,Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has retained The Raine Group to sell the franchise.

Comment

The latest rumor.

BREAKING: According to reports,Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has retained The Raine Group to sell the franchise.
                      Kevin Garnett is also among the ones seriously interest of buying the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Kevin Garnett is also among the ones seriously interest of buying the team.
                        It would be nice if he does and can keep them in Minnesota. I say that as I know the NBA would block a relocation to Seattle like they always do in bringing back the Sonics and don't want another city to deal with what Seattle has.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

It would be nice if he does and can keep them in Minnesota. I say that as I know the NBA would block a relocation to Seattle like they always do in bringing back the Sonics and don't want another city to deal with what Seattle has.
                          Yes, part of the deal was that they have to keep the franchise in Minnesota. Of course, in the business world, promises often aren't kept.

Comment

Yes, part of the deal was that they have to keep the franchise in Minnesota. Of course, in the business world, promises often aren't kept.
                            You mean like the NBA saying they'd help bring back the Sonics, then blocking owners from Seattle from buying the Kings and telling Balmer he had to keep the Clippers in LA? NHL though, after using Seattle as where the the Coyotes would move and then when no Seattle plan came in added just Las Vegas. Then as Seattle had a plan, they opened up just to get Seattle into the NHL to get back to an even number of teams. I feel a little sorry there for Quebec City though as they lost the Nordiqs.

At least I grew up a Portland fan, but losing the Sonics was like CWU losing WWU in football. The rival gone. The only Blazer's game I've seen in person was in Key Arena with Clyde Drexler and Seattle with Sean Kemp. My first NBA game was when Philly went to Seattle and I got to see Charles Barkley play after my family moved to Washington through our church.
                            Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 07-21-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                              You mean like the NBA saying they'd help bring back the Sonics,
                              You are preaching to the choir. I never was a huge NBA fan but I think that they suck whale wang. And Bettman- well, that speaks for itself. I've never been a fan of moving franchises unless they are a complete failure. Find new ownership but don't be like the Raiders who ignore sold out crowds just to bounce around.

Speaking of Seattle's NHL team- that sure has been quiet.

Comment

You are preaching to the choir. I never was a huge NBA fan but I think that they suck whale wang. And Bettman- well, that speaks for itself. I've never been a fan of moving franchises unless they are a complete failure. Find new ownership but don't be like the Raiders who ignore sold out crowds just to bounce around.

Speaking of Seattle's NHL team- that sure has been quiet.
                                With the pandemic, it has made getting the trademark approved harder as well as not wanting to release the name during the pandemic. They have said that there were delays in getting materials for construction on the arena, but not on the construction itself. Instead of late June next year they are thinking early September because of that in time for the NHL season. I'm about as much of fan of the arena name as I am of Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, but at least the logo won't have a down arrow like that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X