Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Kevin Garnett is also among the ones seriously interest of buying the team.
    He can come nowhere near being the majority owner financially. Nor, if I were a t-wolves fan, would I want him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

With the pandemic, it has made getting the trademark approved harder as well as not wanting to release the name during the pandemic. They have said that there were delays in getting materials for construction on the arena, but not on the construction itself. Instead of late June next year they are thinking early September because of that in time for the NHL season. I'm about as much of fan of the arena name as I am of Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, but at least the logo won't have a down arrow like that.
      Tomorrow??? https://ascsports.org/news/2020/7/22...volvement.aspx

Wrong thread, never mind.
      Last edited by laker; 07-22-2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        It wouldn't surprise me if college football as a whole is done this season, at least till spring. There are just too many athletes per team compared to other sports and the risk of exposure is greater due to that alone. The only way it may be possible is if they kept them in a bubble in the dorms and didn't allow anyone else into the dorm, but we've seen how that works for the NBA with players leaving the bubble and the college kids are more likely to attempt such a thing.

Comment

Shoot- it didn't work when I tried to copy it above and the wrong story got posted. Here is what I was trying to do- the Seattle NHL team is supposed to announce tomorrow. Yes, thread drift from the NBA and the Sonics- who never should have moved. Jack Sikma's great turn shot from the corner was fabulous.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286088793787777024

Comment

Tomorrow??? https://ascsports.org/news/2020/7/22...volvement.aspx

Wrong thread, never mind.

Comment

Shoot- it didn't work when I tried to copy it above and the wrong story got posted. Here is what I was trying to do- the Seattle NHL team is supposed to announce tomorrow. Yes, thread drift from the NBA and the Sonics- who never should have moved. Jack Sikma's great turn shot from the corner was fabulous.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286088793787777024
              Release the Kraken! Looks like it is official now.

Maybe the hype may change the NBA's decision on the Sonics?
              Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 07-23-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Tried watching the NBA for a while last night, seeing the players giving what appeared to be half arce efforts, then realizing that the COVID-19 Bubble games have turned into glorified circus clown shows. After a few minutes, I switched channels from the nba over to the golf channel (something I've never done before), and enjoyed watching players competitively trying their very best to win, while everyone was practicing social distancing. I guess I'm now a pro golf fan, who would have thought. I just hope the NFL resembles pro-football games when it starts back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  Tried watching the NBA for a while last night, seeing the players giving what appeared to be half arce efforts, then realizing that the COVID-19 Bubble games have turned into glorified circus clown shows. After a few minutes, I switched channels from the nba over to the golf channel (something I've never done before), and enjoyed watching players competitively trying their very best to win, while everyone was practicing social distancing. I guess I'm now a pro golf fan, who would have thought. I just hope the NFL resembles pro-football games when it starts back up.

That is part of why I stopped watching most NBA games. Right now I have on the NHL games and the players seem to be giving a good effort and without the crowds it feels more like international hockey such as when I watch the World Juniors to and see if there are any names I know from the WHL in them. This actually feels like real hockey and with it all day I can enjoy it more than usual for the playoffs.

Too bad the NBA players stopped playing defense and it looked more like All Star Games like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Too bad the NBA players stopped playing defense and it looked more like All Star Games like you said.
                    One other observation is the ridiculous touch fouls they now call when anyone got close to the 'star players' and how the players were acting and complaining when they got slightly bumped. These soft teams and players of today's circus clown show nba wouldn't have lasted a full game against the Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls, LA Lakers, Boston Celtics, or New York Knicks teams of the past. Frankly, I'm to the point that I wish they would start a new pro-league for men's basketball, where the winning team of each game would get paid 50% higher than the losing team.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

One other observation is the ridiculous touch fouls they now call when anyone got close to the 'star players' and how the players were acting and complaining when they got slightly bumped. These soft teams and players of today's circus clown show nba wouldn't have lasted a full game against the Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls, LA Lakers, Boston Celtics, or New York Knicks teams of the past. Frankly, I'm to the point that I wish they would start a new pro-league for men's basketball, where the winning team of each game would get paid 50% higher than the losing team.
                      That is why I like college basketball better. It may not be like the 90's NBA with the physicality, but it has more than the NBA today especially with teams that don't rely on the 3. I don't think Ewing or Rodman could play in today's NBA as they'd be fouled out in the first 3 minutes.

Comment

How 'bout them Nuggies!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                          How 'bout them Nuggies!

Comment

Jokic has been in the league 4 years; Murray 3 years. I'd hardly consider that "years" together. Leonard and George have been in the NBA a combined 19 years. Wouldn't ya think that experience would mean more?

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Jokic has been in the league 4 years; Murray 3 years. I'd hardly consider that "years" together. Leonard and George have been in the NBA a combined 19 years. Wouldn't ya think that experience would mean more?

Comment

I used to like LeBron, but now he acts like he's the voice of the NBA - the Commissioner. A total a**hole mouthpiece on all the issues we're facin' these days. Can the Nuggies make him STFU? Would work for me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X