Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see how far the NBA viewership has plummeted this year. Salary caps are sure to take a hit, as big investors / stock holders in the companies paying highly overrated advertising prices based on past viewership are sure to be reevaluating their investment dollars.

The 5.6 million viewers for the Finals was less than half the number who tuned in for a regular season "Sunday Night Football" match-up between the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks, which drew 11.4 million on NBC.

For context, last year's NBA Finals Game 6 between the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors delivered 18.34 million viewers, while Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls drew 36.9 million in 1998 for their Game 6 victory over the Utah Jazz.

An ESPN documentary series that aired in May on Jordan's career in Chicago matched Lakers-Heat on Sunday night, averaging 5.6 million viewers across its eight parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      Sad to see how far the NBA viewership has plummeted this year. Salary caps are sure to take a hit, as big investors / stock holders in the companies paying highly overrated advertising prices based on past viewership are sure to be reevaluating their investment dollars.

The 5.6 million viewers for the Finals was less than half the number who tuned in for a regular season "Sunday Night Football" match-up between the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks, which drew 11.4 million on NBC.

For context, last year's NBA Finals Game 6 between the Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors delivered 18.34 million viewers, while Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls drew 36.9 million in 1998 for their Game 6 victory over the Utah Jazz.

An ESPN documentary series that aired in May on Jordan's career in Chicago matched Lakers-Heat on Sunday night, averaging 5.6 million viewers across its eight parts.
      I think there's LeBron fatigue once he gets to the finals. Young teams like Denver, Utah need to breakthrough and knock the Lakers out. The storyline with Golden State being back healthy will help the league and subsequently ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

I think there's LeBron fatigue once he gets to the finals. Young teams like Denver, Utah need to breakthrough and knock the Lakers out. The storyline with Golden State being back healthy will help the league and subsequently ratings.
        The NBA finals this year were competing with the NFL and MLB playoffs. I think that has more to do with it than LeBron fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

The NBA finals this year were competing with the NFL and MLB playoffs. I think that has more to do with it than LeBron fatigue.

Comment

Also true.

Comment

NBA loses 1.5 billion due to .................................................. ....covid. Hummmmmmmmm

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-...135356538.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                NBA loses 1.5 billion due to .................................................. ....covid. Hummmmmmmmm

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nba-...135356538.html
                You must really want the nba to fail because they hurt your feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

You could include the players then who don't want 18% their salary put into Escrow per the CBA. I was glad to see NBA is trying to spread out that loss over multiple seasons for the players.

Now that the Seattle Kraken are still supposed to start in the fall/winter of next year, when will the NBA bring back the Sonics? I think this loss of revenue will really hurt the Bring Back the Sonics campaign's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

LOL, hardly! Watching a pro sport that I once really enjoyed and followed for years turn into something resembling simple entertainment as apposed to tough competition is very disappointing.

What's next? As the players check in will they need to have their hormones checked as a continuation of their de-emphasis and marginalization of their manhood? Will there be pre-game dancing, singing and skits being played out as a means of expressing their many emotions?

Man have things changed in recent times. Back when Wilt Chamberlain died, did we see a bunch of NBA players crying and crying for days, and even canceling their game? Ale No!

Based on what's going on, will the NBA and WNBA merge in the near future with a mix of players on each team sharing equal playing time, in an effort of not being offensive to anyone?

Will refs start distributing pacifiers to NBA players crying out about touch fouls?

I ask these questions, but as more and more fans are fading away, less and less people really care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

LOL, hardly! Watching a pro sport that I once really enjoyed and followed for years turn into something resembling simple entertainment as apposed to tough competition is very disappointing.

What's next? As the players check in will they need to have their hormones checked as a continuation of their de-emphasis and marginalization of their manhood? Will there be pre-game dancing, singing and skits being played out as a means of expressing their many emotions?

Man have things changed in recent times. Back when Wilt Chamberlain died, did we see a bunch of NBA players crying and crying for days, and even canceling their game? Ale No!

Based on what's going on, will the NBA and WNBA merge in the near future with a mix of players on each team sharing equal playing time, in an effort of not being offensive to anyone?

Will refs start distributing pacifiers to NBA players crying out about touch fouls?

I ask these questions, but as more and more fans are fading away, less and less people really care.
                      Politics has always been apart of sports weather you like it or not sweetly! Also Trump lost :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Politics has always been apart of sports weather you like it or not sweetly! Also Trump lost :)
                        Whether weather? Sports weather? Do you know the difference?
                        Will the NBA players / entertainers go back to playing real competitive basketball now that we have a new president? Didn't know that was influencing them that much.
                        By the way, I bet Adam Silver knows that Xi Jinping is still the president of China, and who's buttering the NBA's toast these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Whether weather? Sports weather? Do you know the difference?
                          Will the NBA players / entertainers go back to playing real competitive basketball now that we have a new president? Didn't know that was influencing them that much.
                          By the way, I bet Adam Silver knows that Xi Jinping is still the president of China, and who's buttering the NBA's toast these days.

Comment

• With NBA television viewership down by two thirds verses last year, must be a pretty crowded bubble.

Comment

• https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/17/james...lman-fertitta/

Comment

• Houston should get rid of him. He can score a lot of points despite travelling almost every time that he touches the ball, but if a team with him on it would win a title I'd fall over. He just doesn't seem like the type of player who you could build a team around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X