Clear All

Re: Postseason Attendance Thread

Comment

another packed house in Austin just before kickoff:

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
        I understood what Herb was saying, just didn't agree with that logic. When Chadron hosted Pittsburg St a few years ago, there was great interest in that game. Pittsburgh State probably might never travel to Chadron again. I was more interested in that game than a game against Adams State or Western.

And today, if Chadron played Slippery Rock or LIU Post, or Bemidji State, I would take more interest, and be more willing to pay for money and tickets against such teams than if they played New Mexico Highlands or Fort Lewis.
        I get where you are coming from, but you have to look at it from the perspective of the typical fan. To them, is a nameless, faceless, OOC school more interesting than a school they have some familiarity with? I'd venture to guess it's not, but I'm certainly open to disagreements.

Comment

I guess I'd assumed that we scheduled the season the way we did to offset weather as much as possible. That's just something I came up with by myself, no real source to back it up.

It makes me curious though if we'd get higher attendance in the latter half of the season if we moved everything to a later kickoff. This thread has more or less inspired me to use those marketing major skills that I'm told I'm supposed to have and analyze our conference's attendance, so I could throw in something for kickoff times as well. See where the big peaks and valleys are across the conference.

Comment

When we have day games in August, Sept., and even October, you're looking at 90-100 degree temps with high humidity. Literally, it is awful. Once we switched to night games, boom, attendance went up. And, too in our area, people like to do other things during the day and then "go out" for a game at night.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X