Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how do they figure the reseeding

I don't believe Valdosta State has ever hosted a semifinal game, any chance we host, if we win?

Re: So how do they figure the reseeding

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    I don't believe Valdosta State has ever hosted a semifinal game, any chance we host, if we win?

Comment

Last season some people here implied the NCAA may reseed based on which matchups would have lower travel costs for them to pay. Which is why Harding took a bus ride to play Texas A&M Commerce instead of flying out to IUP lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
        Last season some people here implied the NCAA may reseed based on which matchups would have lower travel costs for them to pay. Which is why Harding took a bus ride to play Texas A&M Commerce instead of flying out to IUP lol
        What did the numbers (criteria) suggest for the semifinal matchups a year ago....I don't recall.

Comment

Without having the exact numbers, but taking a look at season ending ones..and such....it'd appear that if the home teams won out, it would look like this..

1/2 Valdosta or Mankato (measurably higher SOS than the others, MSU with 1 more win)
          3 OBU....and Ferris might be a 3 also, if the NCAA is applying things like they did when they moved them to the 2 line during the end of the season.
          4 Notre Dame (.470 SOS is low for this grouping of teams)

Tarleton would be below Valdosta and battling for the 2/3 spot....but higher than the 4. Who gets the 1 seed in the semis is kinda big.

Once again, this is just a quick eyeballing of the numbers. Others feel free to chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            What did the numbers (criteria) suggest for the semifinal matchups a year ago....I don't recall.
            Me either. Once it was announced that D2 would no longer rotate the region winners for the semifinals I just through my hands up and said whatever happens, happens. Just recalled last year some members of this board joking about why Harding (from Arkansas) ended up travelling to Texas instead of Pennsylvania.

Comment

Historical reputation of the team and the conference they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                THIS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
                  THIS!!!!!
                  No.

Comment

How would you even quantify that?

Reputation is an entirely subjective figure

Comment

It would have to be a mathimatical calculation so reputation would show in the form of OOC'S but I'm sure it wouldn't be historical - Only this year's. Silos of course throws that calculation of but for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                        IUP was a 1, Commerce was a 5, West Florida was a 6 and Harding was a 7 so yes there was alot of conversation about travel. Much cheaper for the NCAA not to have to fly both West Florida and Harding.

Comment

If all #1 seeds win their next game, this would be my projected seeding (imo).

1. Minnesota St.
                          2. Valdosta St.
                          3. Ouachita Baptist
                          4. Notre Dame (OH)

Valdosta St. could very well be placed at 1 but give the slight nod to Mankato as SR4 has been historically a tougher region.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                            IUP was a 1, Commerce was a 5, West Florida was a 6 and Harding was a 7 so yes there was alot of conversation about travel. Much cheaper for the NCAA not to have to fly both West Florida and Harding.
                            Yeah. This is pretty much what I recall the talk being about last year. Harding (probably) should have gone to IUP instead of Commerce.

Comment

I believe, not sure if I am right or not, that the NCAA factors in who will be able to put the most people in the stands, if they had the game at home.
                              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X