Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't Colorado also classify teams based on factors besides enrollment (i.e. historical success, economic situations, etc.)?

Comment

Everyone gets a participation ribbon and a hug these days. Thank your local liberals for these embarrassing rules. For f's sake, if you want to put everyone in the playoffs, at least have the above .500 teams play for the real trophy and the under .500 team play for the whatever you want to call it trophy.

My HS team back in the mid-80's in Iowa had 17 players and we only had 11-man football, no running clock and no mercy rule at the time. Most teams we played against had 50-60 players. Went 0-9 and only scored 3 TD's the whole season. Would have been completely stupid to put us in the playoffs against an undefeated team that we had already lost to 63-0. Thankfully, we got our revenge come basketball season with a couple 100-30 something paybacks!
      Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 11-17-2019, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
        Everyone gets a participation ribbon and a hug these days. Thank your local liberals for these embarrassing rules. For f's sake, if you want to put everyone in the playoffs, at least have the above .500 teams play for the real trophy and the under .500 team play for the whatever you want to call it trophy.

My HS team back in the mid-80's in Iowa had 17 players and we only had 11-man football, no running clock and no mercy rule at the time. Most teams we played against had 50-60 players. Went 0-9 and only scored 3 TD's the whole season. Would have been completely stupid to put us in the playoffs against an undefeated team that we had already lost to 63-0. Thankfully, we got our revenge come basketball season with a couple 100-30 something paybacks!
        Hate to get into it but the locals whom you blame for the rules changes are not at the FB game. They're with their kids at the soccer field. If you want to suggest the lawyers may be in it for the money then we can probably find some common ground.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Hate to get into it but the locals whom you blame for the rules changes are not at the FB game. They're with their kids at the soccer field. If you want to suggest the lawyers may be in it for the money then we can probably find some common ground.
          Yes, they are.

Football fans are some of the worst when it comes to wanting trophies for no reason. It's made high school football unwatchable for me, among a collection of other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            SD has a total of 126 teams this season over 7 classes, 88 make the playoffs. There are 3 classes in SD for most other sports.

9B - 23
            9A - 23
            9AA - 22
            11B - 25
            11A - 15
            11AA - 8
            11AAA - 10
            Wow. That's a lot of classes for a state that size. Pennsylvania has 562 schools playing in six classes, with the distribution going 91 in Class 1A, 94 in 2A, 92 in 3A, 89 in 4A, 101 in 5A, and 95 in 6A. Pennsylvania is divided into 12 districts for sports, with a lot of differences in size depending on geographical location and population density. My local high school, for example, is located in District 3, which covers 10 counties in the south-central part of the state. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are each districts unto themselves. District 7 surrounding Pittsburgh is another 10-county district regulated by the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League, which includes dozens of teams in multiple classifications. How difficult it can be to gain a district championship in a classification can depend on your location. In our District 3, there are only three Class A football schools, so basically you have a shot if you're one of them. On the other hand, we have 28 schools in 5A, so getting out of the district into the state quarters is not easy. District 7, where enrollments have been falling, has 72 schools in the bottom three classes, while District 1 near Philadelphia has only five in the bottom three classes, but is home to many of the state's biggest schools. So there are inequities, but the district system does usually keep travel within reasonable limits until you get deep into the state playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Doesn't Colorado also classify teams based on factors besides enrollment (i.e. historical success, economic situations, etc.)?

Comment

I thought I had read about 6 months ago or so that CO classified teams based on those other factors besides enrollment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X