X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

The Huskers shot 27% from the FT line yesterday. 27%! How does that happen?!? They shot 37% from the 3!

NU is the only team since at least the 2010-11 season with a minimum of 30 free-throw attempts in a game to shoot worse than 30% at the line.
    Hard core Gopher fans are now blaming Brenda Frese for running up the score and leaving her starters in the whole way. 9 players got at least 15 minutes in so I posted the box score for an answer. Why can't fans just admit it when their team sucks? They played with no hustle and yes they did give up. It was embarrassing to be there on the home floor.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    The Gophers couldn't find their own butt from the free throw line as they blow another game to the Bad-gers 71-69.

I was at the Gopher women's game today. Left at the end of the third. I just don't do that but they were behind by 50 and scoring 5 points a quarter. Maryland called off the dogs.

Both teams will be luck to make the NIT. Good thing that they don't have the must have at least a .500 record rule anymore.
    The Huskers shot 27% from the FT line yesterday. 27%! How does that happen?!? They shot 37% from the 3!

NU is the only team since at least the 2010-11 season with a minimum of 30 free-throw attempts in a game to shoot worse than 30% at the line.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The Gophers couldn't find their own butt from the free throw line as they blow another game to the Bad-gers 71-69.

I was at the Gopher women's game today. Left at the end of the third. I just don't do that but they were behind by 50 and scoring 5 points a quarter. Maryland called off the dogs.

Both teams will be luck to make the NIT. Good thing that they don't have the must have at least a .500 record rule anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    The team that beat Baylor in the first game of the year and many were pegging as a Final Four contender just got swept on the season tonight by the Cougs. Oh how the Fuskies have fallen as they finish last in the Pac-12. Meanwhile UCLA and Arizona State have surprised all and moved ahead of Arizona in the standings behind Colorado and Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Merrimack is going to win their conference but can't be in the NCAA or NIT until 2024. Seems like a harsh restriction for a team moving up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timcase.../#603e72b02101

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    If it makes you feel better, Duke lost again to an unranked team. Not sure how much that will help though seeing another Top 10 team go down. Last Saturday was brutal though for the top 4 with the only reason #3 won was because they played #1 to claim #1.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

I may be wrong but I don't think that BIG teams or Power 5 teams even go to the CIT. And I think if they were invited they would turn it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_C...son_Tournament

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Even for that they would have to make a run too, a invite to the CIT would be just embarrassing.
    I may be wrong but I don't think that BIG teams or Power 5 teams even go to the CIT. And I think if they were invited they would turn it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_C...son_Tournament

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Listened to the end of the game getting back from MSU. It was like watching a train wreck. You knew what was going to happen but you can't look away. The difference again for what, the seventh time this season- missing free throws.

Can they even qualify for the NIT? I think that you still need a winning record.
    Even for that they would have to make a run too, a invite to the CIT would be just embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Listened to the end of the game getting back from MSU. It was like watching a train wreck. You knew what was going to happen but you can't look away. The difference again for what, the seventh time this season- missing free throws.

Can they even qualify for the NIT? I think that you still need a winning record.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Oh how I miss Shabazz for CWU. He scored 13 in USF's loss last night to Gonzaga, but then again he was also 3-12 from 3 off the bench. I think he played against them last year too in an exhibition game before the season too while at CWU.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by whodat View Post
    Before Westhead, though, was Doug Moe, who ran the run-and gun to perfection for 10 years in Denver. No better place to get a visiting team gassed. He was a Larry Brown disciple, so I think they all had the same general philosophy. But of course, with little defense, the Nuggets were always doomed in the playoffs.

Good times, though. And a funny coach.
    Don't forget his wife, BIG Jane. She was the butt of so many of his jokes. Good naturedly, though.

Leave a comment:

• whodat
    replied
    Before Westhead, though, was Doug Moe, who ran the run-and gun to perfection for 10 years in Denver. No better place to get a visiting team gassed. He was a Larry Brown disciple, so I think they all had the same general philosophy. But of course, with little defense, the Nuggets were always doomed in the playoffs.

Good times, though. And a funny coach.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X