Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: NCAA Basketball 2019-20

Just 2 days away from the season starting, so let us start the discussion now! I see 3 really good games possibly in #1 Michigan State/#2 Kentucky, #3 Kansas/#4 Duke, and #20 Saint Mary's/Wisconsin to start the season on Tuesday. A loss by any others in the Top 25 other than perhaps #5 Louisville at Miami looks very unlikely with tune up games to start the season.

3 good games last night with Kansas losing to Duke and Kentucky downing Michigan State in Madison Square Garden. Meanwhile in South Dakota, Saint Mary's had a 1 point OT win against Wisconsin where Wisconsin trailed by 9 with a minute left and sent it to OT.

Comment

Michigan had a 30-point lead on Appalachian State and then it got down to a 6-point game. Gonna be a long year for Juwan Howard and Michigan.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

If Villanova keeps up recent trends they should win the title again this season.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          Michigan had a 30-point lead on Appalachian State and then it got down to a 6-point game. Gonna be a long year for Juwan Howard and Michigan.
          Fred Hoiberg raises with a season-opening blowout loss to UC-Riverside. A long fall turns into bleak winter at Lincoln.

Comment

Went to Williams Arena for a split doubleheader. Gopher women lose to Sweet Sixteen Missouri State who way outplayed them. Gopher men blew out Cleveland State in the nightcap. Got home before the snowfall.

Comment

Sounds like it was a bad night for the B1G, but at least Michigan State made it close with Kentucky after that first half.

Gonzaga looked a little worrisome, but still managed to win by over 30 over Arkansas State. It is more that they didn't have the continuity with their starters with 4 new starters from last season,

Comment

This hits it home for me. For being a Special Education teacher, this is something I want to show every one of my students.

Kalin Bennett scores his first career bucket last night. He has autism. He is believed to be the first man with autism to receive a Division l scholarship in any sport. So happy for him and looking forward to following his basketball career!

https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/0...ket-kent-state

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                  This hits it home for me. For being a Special Education teacher, this is something I want to show every one of my students.

Kalin Bennett scores his first career bucket last night. He has autism. He is believed to be the first man with autism to receive a Division l scholarship in any sport. So happy for him and looking forward to following his basketball career!

https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/0...ket-kent-state
                  Very nice. Those are the types of stories we should all appreciate.

Comment

Evansville up on #1 Kentucky 34-30 at the half. This is quite the surprise, but I doubt it will stay this way and expect Kentucky with their depth to cruise. If it holds though, it would be quite the upset although I wouldn't put it on the level of Chaminade over Virginia even if Kentucky is at home.

There was a minor upset as Winthrop (who went undefeated in conference last season) won at #18 Saint Mary's last night. I feel they are ranked more often than not to be a foil to Gonzaga as they traditionally have a weak non-conference (although not this season) and flame out early in the tournament.

Comment

#1 Kentucky goes down at home to Evansville!!! This is the biggest upset in years!!!

Comment

#1 Kentucky goes down at home to Evansville!!! This is the biggest upset in years!!!
                        Couldn't happen to a better program. Unless maybe if UNC lost. Adolph Rupp must be spinning in his grave.

Comment

What's a Evansville...

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Couldn't happen to a better program. Unless maybe if UNC lost. Adolph Rupp must be spinning in his grave.
                            Gonzaga actually has a chance to perhaps play UNC twice this season. Once in the Battle for Atlantis and then in December at home in the return game from last season. I'm glad to see Gonzaga getting home and home deals with UNC, Arizona, Texas A&M, and Washington for last year and this year to play Power 5 teams and some top ones at that in those they play.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

What's a Evansville...
                              In the old days, the coach of the Purple Aces had them wear orange t-shirt style tops. Why when that wasn't their school color? Because it was easier to pick up that color out of the corner of your eye. Now it has been added as a color and has made a comeback.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/s...ys/2289681002/

https://www.si.com/vault/1965/02/15/...-in-evansville

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X