Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    If Michigan goes out and beats Louisville on Tuesday...man. That might be one of the most impressive consecutive runs in college basketball history. You don't even face that many great teams in a row in March Madness. *IF* they were to beat Louisville on Tuesday, they would have beat barely-outside-the-top-25 Iowa State, #6 UNC, #8 Gonzaga, and #2 (probably #1 come Monday) Louisville all in consecutive games, all within the same week.
    this team is buying into Howard and martelli... will b a big one on the road at #1

and don't forget Creighton in that streak

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Michigan makes a lot of teams look tired...they have routinely blown out teams ranked much higher so your zags are not alone
      So beyond 3 games in 3 days and coming off a 1 point OT game the night before, but the way Gonzaga started they sure looked like they had energy. I was glad to see Kispert get on track after his recent struggles. So far there have only been 2 games with the full zags roster, I can't wait to see Tillie and Watson on the floor together as Watson is a high flyer type.

The point guard Ravat who's out is from about 7 miles outside of Ellensburg for his High School ball, although the way Ayayi is playing a red shirt year could be nice if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        If Michigan goes out and beats Louisville on Tuesday...man. That might be one of the most impressive consecutive runs in college basketball history. You don't even face that many great teams in a row in March Madness. *IF* they were to beat Louisville on Tuesday, they would have beat barely-outside-the-top-25 Iowa State, #6 UNC, #8 Gonzaga, and #2 (probably #1 come Monday) Louisville all in consecutive games, all within the same week.
        Likely their hardest stretch too? I know that's about like a sweet 16 to Championship game stretch in the tourney for a 4 game stretch.

Comment

has a team ever gone from unranked to top ten in one week?
          Up to #4 at that. UNC and Gonzaga both dropped one spot, but MSU and Duke really dropped with MSU now out of the Top 10. I guess it helps losing to Michigan and not Virginia Tech or Stephen F. Austin. That loss by Duke was a stone cold stunner as they dropped 9 spots.

Comment

Jumping from unranked to No. 4 just illustrates how absurd rankings are at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              Jumping from unranked to No. 4 just illustrates how absurd rankings are at this point.
              Particularly in this day and age of one and dones, freshman starters, and coaching changes. Who had Texas Tech, unranked to begin last season, playing for the Chipper?Or Oregon, preseason ranked #14, dropping out of the Top 25, having to win the Pac 12 title game to get into teh tourney, then making an Elite Eight appearance?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Up to #4 at that. UNC and Gonzaga both dropped one spot, but MSU and Duke really dropped with MSU now out of the Top 10. I guess it helps losing to Michigan and not Virginia Tech or Stephen F. Austin. That loss by Duke was a stone cold stunner as they dropped 9 spots.
                it's nice to do something that has probably never been done before (NR to #4) but I'd prefer to fly under the radar like in years past... been a long time since they've had a start like this....I prefer the great finishes though.... maybe we can have both this year?

Comment

yes but it usually isn't this bad....not sure why they got no respect coming into the year...the program has proven to be top notch despite losing coach and few to the NBA, they still returned an all big 10 Sr point gueard and all big ten senior center along with some quality scorers

Comment

and it isn't like they were the first team in others getting votes...they were way down on that list

Comment

it's nice to do something that has probably never been done before (NR to #4) but I'd prefer to fly under the radar like in years past... been a long time since they've had a start like this....I prefer the great finishes though.... maybe we can have both this year?
                      Kansas jumped from NR to No. 4 in 1989.

Comment

Kansas jumped from NR to No. 4 in 1989.
                        what did they do that week?

Comment

Hired Danny Manning's dad?

I know- they hired Ed the year before Danny came to KU. But I couldn't resist the free shot.

Comment

I saw an article that said last time was with Kansas, so back when people didn't see all the games and there wasn't game tape on them all. That is a very, very, long time though.

I don't know if you caught it, but before the season in Denver Sparty and the Zag's had a closed scrimmage which Gonzaga dominated. I'm not sure how much to take from that though as the teams probably were working on things that needed work and not playing a regular game. That could bode well for Michigan this season in the B1G, but I know Izzo teams can start slow and make deep runs in March.

Comment

4-0, including wins over No. 1 and No. 2, I think.

Comment

After last night, tonight is a big night for the B1G with Purdue beating #5 Virginia by 29 at home and #6 Ohio State routing #7 UNC in Chapel Hill. In the top games of the B1G/ACC challenge it appears it will be 2-2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X