Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    After last night, tonight is a big night for the B1G with Purdue beating #5 Virginia by 29 at home and #6 Ohio State routing #7 UNC in Chapel Hill. In the top games of the B1G/ACC challenge it appears it will be 2-2.
    Gopher men beat Clemson 78-60 in The Barn on Monday night. Tonight in their first road game the Gopher women beat Notre Dame 75-67.

Comment

the

I saw an article that said last time was with Kansas, so back when people didn't see all the games and there wasn't game tape on them all. That is a very, very, long time though.

I don't know if you caught it, but before the season in Denver Sparty and the Zag's had a closed scrimmage which Gonzaga dominated. I'm not sure how much to take from that though as the teams probably were working on things that needed work and not playing a regular game. That could bode well for Michigan this season in the B1G, but I know Izzo teams can start slow and make deep runs in March.
      big ten race is going to be a battle...at least a dozen teams have a legit shot at winning it

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
        the
        big ten race is going to be a battle...at least a dozen teams have a legit shot at winning it
        I saw the B1G did the unranked thing again with Ohio State beating the #2 Louisville in women's hoops too.

Comment

I saw an article that said last time was with Kansas, so back when people didn't see all the games and there wasn't game tape on them all. That is a very, very, long time though.
          It was 1989--we even had color television back then. :)

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

It was 1989--we even had color television back then. :)
            And big hair? No world wide web yet and ESPN was still showing tractor pulls and SEC football games all week during the day.

Comment

And another #1 goes down, but this time to a power 5 school that made the championship last year in Texas Tech. Who wants to be #1 this season?

Also out of the B1G Penn State upsets #4 Maryland.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                the
                Let's see- that must leave out Rutgers and the Gophers..........

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Let's see- that must leave out Rutgers and the Gophers..........
                  Nebraska says hello....

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Nebraska says hello....
                    Did I see correctly that Nebraska was down 40-6 against Creighton at one point in their game? Yikes.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Did I see correctly that Nebraska was down 40-6 against Creighton at one point in their game? Yikes.
                      Nebraska should probably get kicked out of the B1G and join the MAC...

Comment

I would not be surprised. That's the beauty of having sucky teams - I have a lot more free time now that I don't follow games closely.

Comment

Isn't Hoiberg their coach? Don't watch much until football season is over. Mea culpa.

Comment

Right now Michigan is down at the half to Illinois. Wish I could watch it, but don't get BTN. Looks like a good game.

The other Top 25 matchup today semi-relevant to many here as Arizona beat UNO 99-49 before they host a top 10 team.

Comment

Michigan has not looked very good. It seems to look like their UNC and Gonzaga games were the outliers rather than the norm. They just do not have enough scoring talent. Nobody can go get a bucket at will like you need to have. It is one good facilitator (Zavier Simpson) who can not shoot at all passing to a bunch of perimeter shooters who are not very good at shooting, and Jon Teske inside by himself. It feels like Michigan is a top 20-25 team but probably not much better than that as of right now.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Rutgers looks to be pretty tough at home. The key in the BIG is your ability to win on the road.

Interesting comment last night about how Illinois is playing compared to last year. They said that they are defending without fouling so much and the number of free throws that their opponents are shooting is way down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X