Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    It goes back to the 1990 WCC tournament and an incredible run to the Elite 8 for LMU, but before the final home game of this season LMU will unveil a statue of Hank Gathers who collapsed on the court in the WCC semi-finals and later died at the hospital. That was an incredibly fun team to watch that beat the defending champs 149-115 before losing to eventual champion UNLV 131-101 even without Hank Gathers who led the NCAA in both scoring and rebounds in 1989-90.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
      Cleveland State's letter to fired basketball coach.

https://hoopdirt.com/dennis-feltons-...eveland-state/
      Think Kentucky will get two years probation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Think Kentucky will get two years probation?
        The NCAA will dig up Tark and hang him at the Final Four.

Comment

• Agreed, I remember their coach also trying to take that style to the NBA I think with Denver and saw a 30 for 30 on the team which mentioned that he finally won his title with that style in the WNBA. The top scoring team this season is Gonzaga and they go to that style for spurts, but not a full 40 minutes. I think they have 4 100 point games this season by comparison, something not even on the level of that UNLV team although UNLV was in a weaker conference than the WCC is currently.

Comment

• I heard Paul Westhead give a talk on his LMU fastbreak at a Nike clinic. I wasn't going to pay much attention because my team was big and slow, but we were district champs. Anyway it was fascinating. What I was even more impressed with was Hubie Brown, who spoke next. Before he got started, one of the coaches in the crowd said he saw Brown writing notes during Whitehead's talk. Brown said he was looking at ways to stop that fast break and he immediately gave us four things to do. Now THAT I could use! I was amazed, not only by how quick he had analyzed it, but also that he could admit that he could learn from other people. Towards the end of his presentation he reminded us not to be so stubborn that we don't run someone else's plays right back at them.

Comment

• Speaking of the LMU system, I think Grinnell, a D3 school in Iowa, still runs it.

Comment

• Before Westhead, though, was Doug Moe, who ran the run-and gun to perfection for 10 years in Denver. No better place to get a visiting team gassed. He was a Larry Brown disciple, so I think they all had the same general philosophy. But of course, with little defense, the Nuggets were always doomed in the playoffs.

Good times, though. And a funny coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodat View Post
                  Before Westhead, though, was Doug Moe, who ran the run-and gun to perfection for 10 years in Denver. No better place to get a visiting team gassed. He was a Larry Brown disciple, so I think they all had the same general philosophy. But of course, with little defense, the Nuggets were always doomed in the playoffs.

Good times, though. And a funny coach.
                  Don't forget his wife, BIG Jane. She was the butt of so many of his jokes. Good naturedly, though.

Comment

• Oh how I miss Shabazz for CWU. He scored 13 in USF's loss last night to Gonzaga, but then again he was also 3-12 from 3 off the bench. I think he played against them last year too in an exhibition game before the season too while at CWU.

Comment

• Comment

• Listened to the end of the game getting back from MSU. It was like watching a train wreck. You knew what was going to happen but you can't look away. The difference again for what, the seventh time this season- missing free throws.

Can they even qualify for the NIT? I think that you still need a winning record.

Comment

Listened to the end of the game getting back from MSU. It was like watching a train wreck. You knew what was going to happen but you can't look away. The difference again for what, the seventh time this season- missing free throws.

Can they even qualify for the NIT? I think that you still need a winning record.
                          Even for that they would have to make a run too, a invite to the CIT would be just embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Even for that they would have to make a run too, a invite to the CIT would be just embarrassing.
                            I may be wrong but I don't think that BIG teams or Power 5 teams even go to the CIT. And I think if they were invited they would turn it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_C...son_Tournament

Comment

I may be wrong but I don't think that BIG teams or Power 5 teams even go to the CIT. And I think if they were invited they would turn it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_C...son_Tournament

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X