Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: The MAC has announced there will be no general public allowed at the 2020 MAC Basketball Tournament due to coronavirus outbreak. Credentialled media, family members and other personnel can still attend:

Comment

• Remember a while back when we were talking about a guy predicting which teams should move up to D1. Well, here is recent post.

WAC should grab Colorado Mesa to lure Metro State to join.

Summit do have some additional options besides Saint Thomas and Augustana to pair schools up.

Fort Hays State or Colorado-Colorado Springs to pair with Denver.

Central Oklahoma pair with Oral Roberts.

Washburn or Missouri Western pair with UMKC.

Not sure who would pair with Western Illinois, but Saint Thomas would be close to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
        Remember a while back when we were talking about a guy predicting which teams should move up to D1. Well, here is recent post.

WAC should grab Colorado Mesa to lure Metro State to join.

Summit do have some additional options besides Saint Thomas and Augustana to pair schools up.

Fort Hays State or Colorado-Colorado Springs to pair with Denver.

Central Oklahoma pair with Oral Roberts.

Washburn or Missouri Western pair with UMKC.

Not sure who would pair with Western Illinois, but Saint Thomas would be close to them.
        Western Illinois best match up would be someone in the GLVC or GLIAC.

Is there any weight to any of this from whoever this guy is?

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Western Illinois best match up would be someone in the GLVC or GLIAC.

Is there any weight to any of this from whoever this guy is?
          No. A couple of years ago he said Upper Iowa should go D1. Basically what he does is throws a dozen or so names against the wall. Eventually one of them sticks and he brags about how he was right. It is pretty much a running joke.

Comment

No. A couple of years ago he said Upper Iowa should go D1. Basically what he does is throws a dozen or so names against the wall. Eventually one of them sticks and he brags about how he was right. It is pretty much a running joke.
            North Dakota State should move up. /jk

Well, they rule the Summit it seems as they beat UND for the conference title handily. It should be noted however that UND was the 6 seed in the tournament so it was to be expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

What a game that was last night too. All three of the teams you mentioned will be playing next Thursday/Friday for sure as all 3 have a NET ranking in the 30's too. That was equivalent to a 5/8 Sweet 16 game by current projections.
              Was a good game, especially after Gonzaga's half-time wake-up call. But that seems to be how they've been playin' lately.

Comment

• CBI cancelled over COVID-19 fears:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...virus-concerns

Comment

• Well the NCAA tournament games will have less of a game like atmosphere with the NCAA banning all fans from attending games. I wonder how they will make payments to conferences since the NCAA won't have ticket sales to collect money off of. I guess since the D2 tournament games don't draw more than 2-3k fans they're going to continue with letting fans enter those arenas to watch and root their teams on.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nament-go-fans

Comment

• Comment

• Johnnies/Tommies to be played without fans in Collegeville.

That one breaks my cold little heart.

Comment

• I'm all for preparations, especially keeping the vulnerable people safe, but I think this is a bit much.

What i don't understand is what makes COVID 19 different from the other pandemic scares we go through every couple of years. Ebola, Zika, SARS, Bird Flu... the only one to pan out was H1N1 and while it royally sucked to be glued to the coach for a few days, it didn't end up being that bad overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                          Johnnies/Tommies to be played without fans in Collegeville.

That one breaks my cold little heart.
                          Just this morning SJU tweeted out that it was a sellout. The atmosphere will be quite different now.

Comment

Just this morning SJU tweeted out that it was a sellout. The atmosphere will be quite different now.
                            What a shame. The conference tournaments are following suit. It's becoming a nightmare to keep track of everything cancelled or fan-less.

Based on the email I got this afternoon, MSU is going to hold classes as scheduled but I'm guessing that's going to change

Comment

• Harvard basically forfeited all athletics, including hockey, for the remainder of the academic year.

Comment

• Ivy League has cancelled all SPRING sports.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X