Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    And another #1 goes down, but this time to a power 5 school that made the championship last year in Texas Tech. Who wants to be #1 this season?

Also out of the B1G Penn State upsets #4 Maryland.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

It was 1989--we even had color television back then. :)
    And big hair? No world wide web yet and ESPN was still showing tractor pulls and SEC football games all week during the day.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I saw an article that said last time was with Kansas, so back when people didn't see all the games and there wasn't game tape on them all. That is a very, very, long time though.
    It was 1989--we even had color television back then. :)

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    the
    big ten race is going to be a battle...at least a dozen teams have a legit shot at winning it
    I saw the B1G did the unranked thing again with Ohio State beating the #2 Louisville in women's hoops too.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    the

I saw an article that said last time was with Kansas, so back when people didn't see all the games and there wasn't game tape on them all. That is a very, very, long time though.

I don't know if you caught it, but before the season in Denver Sparty and the Zag's had a closed scrimmage which Gonzaga dominated. I'm not sure how much to take from that though as the teams probably were working on things that needed work and not playing a regular game. That could bode well for Michigan this season in the B1G, but I know Izzo teams can start slow and make deep runs in March.
    big ten race is going to be a battle...at least a dozen teams have a legit shot at winning it

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    After last night, tonight is a big night for the B1G with Purdue beating #5 Virginia by 29 at home and #6 Ohio State routing #7 UNC in Chapel Hill. In the top games of the B1G/ACC challenge it appears it will be 2-2.
    Gopher men beat Clemson 78-60 in The Barn on Monday night. Tonight in their first road game the Gopher women beat Notre Dame 75-67.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    After last night, tonight is a big night for the B1G with Purdue beating #5 Virginia by 29 at home and #6 Ohio State routing #7 UNC in Chapel Hill. In the top games of the B1G/ACC challenge it appears it will be 2-2.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

what did they do that week?
    4-0, including wins over No. 1 and No. 2, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

it's nice to do something that has probably never been done before (NR to #4) but I'd prefer to fly under the radar like in years past... been a long time since they've had a start like this....I prefer the great finishes though.... maybe we can have both this year?

I don't know if you caught it, but before the season in Denver Sparty and the Zag's had a closed scrimmage which Gonzaga dominated. I'm not sure how much to take from that though as the teams probably were working on things that needed work and not playing a regular game. That could bode well for Michigan this season in the B1G, but I know Izzo teams can start slow and make deep runs in March.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Hired Danny Manning's dad?

I know- they hired Ed the year before Danny came to KU. But I couldn't resist the free shot.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Kansas jumped from NR to No. 4 in 1989.

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied

it's nice to do something that has probably never been done before (NR to #4) but I'd prefer to fly under the radar like in years past... been a long time since they've had a start like this....I prefer the great finishes though.... maybe we can have both this year?
    Kansas jumped from NR to No. 4 in 1989.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    and it isn't like they were the first team in others getting votes...they were way down on that list

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied
    Jumping from unranked to No. 4 just illustrates how absurd rankings are at this point.
    yes but it usually isn't this bad....not sure why they got no respect coming into the year...the program has proven to be top notch despite losing coach and few to the NBA, they still returned an all big 10 Sr point gueard and all big ten senior center along with some quality scorers

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Up to #4 at that. UNC and Gonzaga both dropped one spot, but MSU and Duke really dropped with MSU now out of the Top 10. I guess it helps losing to Michigan and not Virginia Tech or Stephen F. Austin. That loss by Duke was a stone cold stunner as they dropped 9 spots.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X