Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conference columnist

why step forward to be a columnist if you're not going to write anything? don't give me that it's hard work and they have other things to do or why don't you volunteer, then don't put your name in the hat.

Well it is all of that, there young blood, so why don't you just jump right on in & give it a go!!

Comment

Originally posted by marvda1 View Post
      why step forward to be a columnist if you're not going to write anything? don't give me that it's hard work and they have other things to do or why don't you volunteer, then don't put your name in the hat.
      Which conference?

Comment

conference and last entry date.
        gnac 9/18
        gsc 10/31
        lsc 10/17
        psac-e 10/31
        sac 10/31

Comment

OK. You are correct about the GNAC.

As far as any dated 10/31, that would have previewed the weekend. That's only five days ago.

The LSC date was actually 11/04. I put it in for Kale and forgot to select the LSC columnist. My mistake. Having said that, it was also on the front page of the site even though I did not select the LSC Columnist designation. It's still there now if you look.

Comment

The GSC has been lucky with our columnists. We had Andy the last few years and he was outstanding. This year we have Jay and he picked-up right where Andy left off, plus extras. Jay has been giving us a "week in review" blog (recap of weekend), a weekly blog (upcoming games), and a "GSC Spotlight" (Player/Coach interview). We're very appreciative of our columnist over in the GSC forums.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

NSIC=IWWT.

In Witt We Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                NSIC=IWWT.

In Witt We Trust.
                Witt and Armo have been a HUGE help! Both professionals and VERY knowledgeable.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

I commit to one column per week. I did multiple in the past for the PSAC but the SAC audience is not as big and the click rates were very low. My time is better spent putting together one well researched column per week. In addition to the reading and stat study it takes to do a weekly column, I've attended 14 SAC football games so far. We've been playing ball for nine weeks, so do the math on that. I've also edited and published more than 3,000 action photos from SAC games. If you want to question what I do for this website and the South Atlantic Conference, my email address is [email protected] and you can find me on Twitter.
                  Last edited by Chuck Bitner; 11-07-2019, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I think Brandon needs to distribute an EIA t shirt......

Comment

I'm new at this, but I'll say I underestimated the amount of time it would take to put together a column every week. Thankfully the GLVC network is free, so I've been able to watch most games through there, but even that is time consuming.

Granted the other columnists mostly have some type of background in communications, but I'm amazed at the content and insight they are able to provide.

For as long as I decide to do this, I'm not sure I'll be able to offer up much more than I'm providing right now, but I know something is better than nothing. And while we D2 fans may be few in number, we're large in our passions and I know fans appreciate getting to read up on their teams.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Witt and Armo have been a HUGE help! Both professionals and VERY knowledgeable.
                        There is no doubt about this. And you know that they are doing their jobs when fans from Team A think they are pulling for Team B and fans from Team B think they are pulling for Team A.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post
                          I'm new at this, but I'll say I underestimated the amount of time it would take to put together a column every week. Thankfully the GLVC network is free, so I've been able to watch most games through there, but even that is time consuming.

Granted the other columnists mostly have some type of background in communications, but I'm amazed at the content and insight they are able to provide.

For as long as I decide to do this, I'm not sure I'll be able to offer up much more than I'm providing right now, but I know something is better than nothing. And while we D2 fans may be few in number, we're large in our passions and I know fans appreciate getting to read up on their teams.
                          Don't burn yourself out. Your nature is to try to and really dive into anything you do. That's a good thing, but it can also be a curse.

If you're devoting more time on this than we talked about, you probably need to cut back in certain areas, even if it's contrary to your nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post

You're doing great Bryon. The GLVC needs a voice and an advocate and you're providing that for them. I don't have any formal education or background in communications or media work. Maybe someone who has the background could do it better or more professionally but there is no chance they could do it with more passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Don't burn yourself out. Your nature is to try to and really dive into anything you do. That's a good thing, but it can also be a curse.

If you're devoting more time on this than we talked about, you probably need to cut back in certain areas, even if it's contrary to your nature.
                              Yeah, a lot of it is trying to find the rhythm and managing my time more efficiently. It's a labor of love to watch games, stat dive, research roster, and oh crap it's been 2 hours, lol!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X